Re: is there an option for current customers?
Schmeep
Enthusiast - Level 2

To clarify, if you have an Iphone with Verizon, that's 3G, not 4G.  Therefore, any new 4G phone purchased after 6/28 would make the unlimited option invalid.  I just clarified that with a customer service provider.

0 Likes
magician22773
Enthusiast - Level 1

Look, they can spin it anyway they want, but the simple answer is, if after the 28th, you take a subsidized price for a phone, you will have to (or at least really, really want to) move to the new plan. You "could" still keep your old plan, but you would be paying out the wazzoo to do so.

You "could" add a new standalone smartphone, but you are looking at $40 for the phone, and a minimum of $50 for 1GB of data. So $90 a month for that one phone, in addition to whatever you are paying for your current plan.

I don't know where the CS agent above me got " starting at $30 for 2GB.", as that is the current starting point, not the new starting point.

There are new tiered "plans" for non-data users, but they are drastically more expensive than the current non-data plans, assuming you don't already have unlimited talk and text. If you upgrade after the 28th, your new "plan" would be $70 a month for unlimited talk and text plus $30 per additional non-data device.

Hope this helps.

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I think you're misunderstanding the changes.  No one HAS to switch to a Share Everything plan if an upgrade is made after June 28th.  Those on unlimited data can choose one of the 3 current line based tiered data packages (2GB for $30, 5GB for $50 and 10GB for $80) which will still be available after the change.  Those currently with a tiered data package can keep that data package.  So effectively you only go on a Share Everything plan ONLY IF a) you choose to do so or b) you're a new customer.

magician22773
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK,

I would love to get an official response here. Just when I thought I had it figured out, now maybe I don't.

I am 99.9% sure that in my personal case I would be forced to tiered if I upgraded. I am currently on a Smartpack plan with a standalone unlimited air-card.

BUT....It I were on, say, the current VZW Talk and Text 1400, with a 2gb $30 data pack on a smartphone. Could I still upgrade later, and keep that plan?

And my second question in in regard to current plans that have no smartphones. My parents have 5 lines an old Altell Friends and Family plan. When they decide to upgrade, would they be forced into the new Basic phone plan, or can the retain their old Alltel plan?

0 Likes
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

magician22773 wrote:

OK,

I would love to get an official response here. Just when I thought I had it figured out, now maybe I don't.

I am 99.9% sure that in my personal case I would be forced to tiered if I upgraded. I am currently on a Smartpack plan with a standalone unlimited air-card.

BUT....It I were on, say, the current VZW Talk and Text 1400, with a 2gb $30 data pack on a smartphone. Could I still upgrade later, and keep that plan?

Yes you can if you wish to do so....  personally for myself i wouldn't want to pay $30 for a measly 2GB but that's just me

And my second question in in regard to current plans that have no smartphones. My parents have 5 lines an old Altell Friends and Family plan. When they decide to upgrade, would they be forced into the new Basic phone plan, or can the retain their old Alltel plan?

this 1 i'm not really sure about  I guess it depends on what there old alltel plan is really     my aunt came from  Cellular One  and had 5 lines paying $50 a month for each line  1 is a smartphone with unlimited data  and a few of them have text msgs and they got another account with 1 line and over all there paying over $400  yet with these new plans  they will be getting 10GB of data for $100 then $40 for 1 phone and $30 for each of the other 4 phones  so they would not only be saving quiet a bit they are gaining unlimited texting on ALL phones  instead of $5 and $10 plans on some phones plus there $50 phone fees for unlimited talk in 3 states  would actually now be nationwide

0 Likes
meli69

I was technically forced into given up my grandfather status of unlimited usage. i had a 3g mifi that no longer was working. The store or customer service could not replace becuase they had no more. I was forced to get the mifi 4g which required a change of plan. I agreed to try it after customer rep said I had 45 days to try it out. I called and called to no avail. I tried switching back to my old status but they said I only had 14 days to try it. Not the 45 days I was told. I was used to paying 225 a month for 5 phones and mifi 3g now I pay between 325 and 400 depending on the times I go over the mifi usage data plan. This really suck cuz we are 4 people attending college and all use the internet. I feel so cheated. I am really thinking about seeking else where to find another company who will offer the unlimited usage. I have been with this company for over 30 years! One would think they would take better care of the faithful customers!

0 Likes