iphone5
bubby45

Can someone tell me what is so great about the iphone5 that would make a person stand in line for it all day? The phone is behind in almost everything a smartphone offers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone5
louisagresti
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree,but it has become an icon,a fad,the in thing,Thanks to the late Steve Jobs,who turned Apple around by allowing his engineers to express themselves,and in 2000 he rolled the dice and started developing the ipod,no other single product sold as many and turned a bankrupt company in 1998,to the most profitable company 2012 in the world.truly an Amazing feat.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It has 5 rows of icons.

stef7
Master - Level 2

For some people, they dont want to deal with the extra level of knowledge you really should have to support yourself owning an Android phone. They don't like the different OS versioning issues. They like a consistent look and feel between applications, actions, iconography, etc. They are potentially from Apple households and are used to other Apple products. The screens on their phones are nice, as are their cameras.

I work for a large engineering company. They don't allow Androids on their network. Only iPhones are approved. There are some security issues supposidly that have not been addressed sufficiently with Android phones.

There are other reasons.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

While these are all valid reasons for using an iPhone, none of that explains why in the world people feel the need to stand in line just so they can say they got it on release day (especially when they could just pre-order and get it almost as soon, if not the same day).  I think louisagresti has it right, the iPhone has become a status symbol and being able to claim firsties feeds their self-worth.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think the reason many stand in line, is either they don't have anything better to do, or they didn't know they could pre-order on the web and get it just as early like you said. Smiley Happy

Or maybe they just wanted to be part of some bigger, collective event.

Oh, another reason people buy iPhones: you can sell a used one for almost the same price you paid for it after using it for two years. Now, you can't do that with an Android now can you?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it's just an apple thing. the proof? our apple stores in the valley had a couple hundred people in line at each one on launch morning. i drove by 2 verizon stores and a t-mo store that morning. nobody in line at the first verizon store. 5 in line at the second verizon store and 2 in line at the t-mo store. i think it's just kind of an event to them, to get in line at the actual apple store. i'm pretty sure the people who got to apple at 3 am got the same phone as the guy who walked in to verizon at noon, with no line, got.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Or maybe they just don't trust the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw

Message was edited by: demmo86rt

stef7
Master - Level 2

Thanks that was pretty funny.

I am sure there are people that don't trust the internet, but there seems to be a whole bunch of other stuff going on here... both on the part of the interviewer, and interviewee. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Very possibly, but I'm sure there are people out there like that.

0 Likes