in the last 3 weeks the service for internet has dramatically gone down for multipule Verizone customers in the 94922 area code. We do know that the ATT tower was under construction can that affect our service?
swiftchic

Anyone have any answers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: in the last 3 weeks the service for internet has dramatically gone down for multipule Verizone customers in the 94922 area code. We do know that the ATT tower was under construction can that affect our service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swiftchic - We want to ensure you receive the best service possible for your area. I'm here to help. In review of that zip code, I'm not showing any network issues in Bodega. That area is however considered to be marginal coverage due to its hilly terrain which can cause line of sight issues to our wireless towers. Is this impacting your home internet or phone internet/data services?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: in the last 3 weeks the service for internet has dramatically gone down for multipule Verizone customers in the 94922 area code. We do know that the ATT tower was under construction can that affect our service?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For an AT&T tower to cause problems, it would have needed to have been installed incorrectly. Problems would have been seen starting at the time AT&T activated the equipment. AT&T and Verizon LTE are only separated by a 2Mhz channel of absolutely nothing, so if the subcontracting firm from AT&T didn't properly filter their radios, you'll get interference. On the flip side, if the Verizon tower has a similar issue, the tower will have less power/gain, and thus you'll have a lousy signal.

Now I doubt this is the case, as either carrier would notice given the towers report back statistics like these, and interference would cause a stir at the FCC. I'll leave this one up to Verizon to figure out - although expect the answer to take a while to be provided.

0 Likes