iPhones not receiving emergency alerts
Geistwolke

Tornado warnings in town. My kids have Samsung phones, my wife and I have the new iPhones with all updates.  Neither iPhone got the emergency alerts, both android devices did. Checked and the alerts are on in notifications. The LG G3 I just traded in got them all the time. All my friends on T Mobile with the new iPhone got the alerts. What gives Verizon??  Glad my kids were able to alert us.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhones not receiving emergency alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Geistwolke. We actually don't choose who/how these alerts are received. Please read more here, http://vz.to/1NfkgbT.

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to receive these messages. Which model iPhones do you have? Are you all in the same area? Keep in mind these are not managed by us, they are integrated through Public Alert and Warning Systems managed by state, local, and federal agencies.

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Geistwolke

We are all in the same house. The kids have a Samsung 4 and Samsung 6. Both of them got the alerts multiple times throughout the evening. My wife has the iPhone 6 and I have the 6s plus. Neither of us got the alerts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Geistwolke. We actually don't choose who/how these alerts are received. Please read more here, http://vz.to/1NfkgbT.

0 Likes
Geistwolke

I have read all the FAQs you listed.

Important to note: today our iPhones received an update from Verizon for phone settings, not an apple update. I assumed this was a profile or roaming update.   So if we received an update and this put our phones outside of the affected area because of a PRL update, that would be Verizon.

0 Likes
Geistwolke

Under about network in setting it was blank despite Verizon showing at the top of the phone with two bars. Within five minutes of my last post I got another carrier update notification. Network is no longer blank.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Geistwolke,

We regret to hear that your phones didn’t not alert you of the emergency alert. This is never the experience we want for anyone to have. We’re glad to see that the new software update came in for you & that next time there is something like this you will be receiving the proper alerts. Please let us know if you do have any other questions or concerns.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes