Re: iPhone Wi-fi calling firewall rules
studerje1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Haburi and all these addresses had outbound UDP 4500 connections to them?

0 Likes
vortix
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, I only observed outbound network activity on port 500 going to IPs with the following pattern:

141.207.*.232

Perhaps other IPs that don't strictly follow this pattern are used outside North America?  Also not clear on when port 4500 is used vs 500 (I've only seen outbound connections on port 500).

It seems that the best way to get an official document from Verizon would be for someone to reach out to their VZW Enterprise account rep.  VZW should be happy to share this information, as it would result in better coverage inside buildings and it would prevent Verizon from spending money on repeaters that they often place inside buildings.

0 Likes
studerje1
Enthusiast - Level 3

vortix we have also only seen outbound connections on port 500 to 141.207.*.232.

I had originally tried reaching out to Verizon around the time I started this thread, but I never got a response. I'm going to try again this week.

0 Likes
Chadi3rown

Any updates on this ? I dmz'd my cell phone , instant connect lol ...

0 Likes
MrJeff01

I found some stuff here:

Unblock Ports / IP Addresses - Verizon Wireless Network Extender | Verizon Wireless

I believe as stated above and from testing that UDP/500 and UDP/4500 are what are used for "WiFi Calling". That page has a list of all ports/IPs the wireless extenders use..

I know its late and an old post but maybe this will help someone..

-Jeff

0 Likes
VZWh8r4life
Such a garbage. FYI NTP needs to be allowed.
0 Likes