iPhone 5s activation in europe without verizon sim
thomashamka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I bought used iPhone 5s, I resetted it and now it wants to be activated. I do not own an Verizon SIM and I live in Finland. I am not an customer to verizon. I thought that iPhone 5s were unlocked? Thanks alot

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5s activation in europe without verizon sim
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about the trouble with your phone, thomashamka. You are correct in thinking that the iPhone 5s is unlocked to be used with a local SIM card when you're using the phone overseas. Try the steps at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3424 to help with activation issues. If you're still having trouble, I would recommend reaching out to your local provider for assistance with programming.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is supposedly unlocked from the factory. You should be able to activate it with the Finland carrier SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
thomashamka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, I just visited my apple repair shop, they say it is locked to verizon. I can provide the imei if You could check it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't post the IMEI number on this public forum. The iPhone 5s is factory unlocked. Try it for yourself.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about the trouble with your phone, thomashamka. You are correct in thinking that the iPhone 5s is unlocked to be used with a local SIM card when you're using the phone overseas. Try the steps at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3424 to help with activation issues. If you're still having trouble, I would recommend reaching out to your local provider for assistance with programming.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes