iPhone 5S SMS Messages
Nershey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 5S that is having trouble sending SMS messages to one of my contacts (only one) on the AT&T network. This contact has a Samsung Galaxy S4 and this problem has only started occurring within the last two weeks. Previously, this contact could receive all SMS messages from me except photo messages, which I assume is because AT&T has a cap for receiving that is smaller than Verizon's. At first, I thought it might be an issue on my contact's carrier, but this person can receive messages from all other Verizon contacts. In addition, I have another iPhone 5S for work that I texted my contact from, and they received all of those messages. So I am concluding that the issue must be on my end. How can I resolve? When I pull my Verizon call log, the messages are listed as "Sent". None of the messages have been received by my contact. I don't have any other issues sending to others with iPhones or Samsung Galaxy on Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T, just this one phone number. I have deleted my contact, reset my network, and turned iMessage on and off in an attempt to try to fix, but none of these have worked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5S SMS Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nershey - Let's get you back in contact with your friend! To confirm the messages do show as green bubbles indicating SMS not iMessage? Is the number programmed as a 10 or 11 digits number? I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Nershey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello! Yes the messages show up as green SMS bubbles. The contact phone number is a 10 digit number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to troubleshoot. I would like to further review the account details. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message so we can take a closer look.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Nershey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sure - how do I do that? Is it via Twitter?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message and  YaleK_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion! You can reach out to us via Twitter Direct Message if you prefer however you should have follow request in your Profile here.

0 Likes