iPhone 5 PRL/ Service issue
kyle23

Can anyone share their current PRL version on their iPhone 5? I am on 15192 in the Green Bay, Wisconsin area and can not place calls in my home. My home is located no more than 150 yards from Highway 172 which is a main highway. On this highway I get 5 bars while on a phone call but at home get call failed or the call will go through and people cannot hear me, but I can hear them. I just find it strange that I can be so close to a main highway with great service but not be able to make or recieve calls in my home.

I did contact Verizon and basically they said "oh sorry don't know what to do"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 PRL/ Service issue
kobra_kai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your home may be thickly walled. Line of sight makes a big difference. Power cycle the phone and reset the network settings. On 4g phones like i5 the prl really should update itself but powercycling should help.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 PRL/ Service issue
Not applicable

consider:

use noanswer/busy fowarding to a VoIP number to ring devices in your home  which itself noanswer/busy forwards to voicemail

you'll be able to receive your mobile calls on your home devices or your mobile when in service otherwise voicemail in both conditions

it should cost no more than $1/mo for the voip number and about $0.009/min for voip calls. (yes, that's nine tenths of a penny)

0 Likes