i can receive texts but i can not send them.
wildcat34

I was able to send texts from my apartment a few days ago.all of a sudden I'm unable to.I've deleted all messages and reset my phone. What else could it be?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i can receive texts but i can not send them.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this wildcat34! Which device do you have and what zip code are you located in? Indoor coverage can be challenging. Does text messages send outside of the apartment? If you have a 3G device please dial *228 send option 2. If you have a 4G device please power off the phone and remove/insert the sim and test. Please share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
wildcat34

I have a 4G phone. Galaxy s4. My zip is 80205. I was able to send texts all

the way up till last week. I can send them as so as I leave my building.

On Nov 18, 2013 11:21 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Wildcat34,

Thanks for the details! 80205 looks all clear. What error message do you receive when you send a message? How many bars of signal are you receiving in the building? Any new applications downloaded to the device? Are you able to receive voice calls?  Keep me posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
wildcat34

The error message I receive is that the message has failed to send. Yes I

can send and receive calls. I can receive texts. I just can not send them.

I've even factory reset it.

On Nov 20, 2013 11:45 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wildcat34, thanks for trying. Please direct message us with your mobile number. I'd like to take a closer look into this text messaging issue for you.

To send a direct message to us, hover over my name and click "Follow" once you are following me, I will follow you and further assist you. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BrokenTree

wildcat34

Did you ever get a straight answer to fix the issue with your phone I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 that stopped sending any texts two days ago on 12/8/13.It receives text just fine! Up until then there were no issues. My zip is 99623 (Alaska) so all of us Verizon people up here are in an extended calling area, but we do operate on 4G LTE. I suspect this may have some relation to Samsung Verizon's holdout of the Android 4.3 rollout/release ?!?

0 Likes