how to stop data overage
sdweiss

I have three lines on my verizon plan, all apple iphones.  Two lines use 2-3 total gb's and my other line uses the rest or puts us over (we have 12gb).  I was advised to turn off wi-fi assist and that might help but it hasn't.   They use our wi-fi at home, wi-fi at friends, wi-fi at school and say they've made an effort to not use Data when no wi-fi but they continue to go over.  I have even noticed usage at weird times in the middle of the night and in am when they are still sleeping.  I have spoken to Verizon who tell me it's social media, videos, etc...  I do all that and I barely use 1gb.  Is anyone else having this issue and how did you solve it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to stop data overage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You reached the right place for help sdweiss. We have the perfect solution for you. I know data usage can add up quickly and we want to put a stop to this. Did you recently notice a spike in usage or has it been a while. Did you recently upgrade devices? Data reflects type of usage, apps, bit rate or resolution being used. Do you turn mobile data off when connected to Wi-Fi? Check out Family base, this allows you to set restrictions on your lines http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-and-usage-controls/ .
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes