Re: how is it that I am supposed to reactivate an old phone when the only authorization option is a text to my broken phone?
aaron542
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dont have to leave the house to conplain.  I would have to go out and drive to my parents to use another phone to activate this one but by the time i will have done that it wouldnt be worth it cause id only be using my old phone for one evening.  But the google voice business does sound like a very good option to have in the future should such an event occurr again.  I wish there was another way that required less phones though.  If i am activating a previously owned phone through my verizon on the website it seems unlikely that someone will have done all of that for a stolen phone.  Considering theyd have to get into all of my accounts and what not to do so,  but i suppose the possibility still exists and while i am thankful that the security aspect is the primary importance in this dilemna i still wish there was some sort of work around

0 Likes
Re: how is it that I am supposed to reactivate an old phone when the only authorization option is a text to my broken phone?
rcschnoor
Legend

aaron542 wrote:

while i am thankful that the security aspect is the primary importance in this dilemna i still wish there was some sort of work around

So do thieves...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make it easy for you to activate your phone aaron542. If you have the same SIM card you should be able to switch the SIM cards and the phone will automatically activate. Have you tried that?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes