how do i discontinue service?
tsrskr

my bill recently increased for some reason.  i'd like to discontinue service and switch to (maybe) no-contract phones.  Can i quit service on line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i discontinue service?
Not applicable

*611 or 1-800-922-0204 make sure you say you want to cancel service. However remember if you quit before your contract is up there may be a stiff early termination Fee to pay. Plus usage etc.  You cannot cancel service from on line. Or if you port out your number to another cellular provider it will cancel automatically.  Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you cannot cancel service on-line, you have to go to a Corporate Verizon store or call Customer Service.  You also should be able to compare the detailed billing section of your current bill to your previous bill(s) to determine what increased.

Customer Service:

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

0 Likes
Not applicable

*611 or 1-800-922-0204 make sure you say you want to cancel service. However remember if you quit before your contract is up there may be a stiff early termination Fee to pay. Plus usage etc.  You cannot cancel service from on line. Or if you port out your number to another cellular provider it will cancel automatically.  Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@tsrskr,

I definitely don't want to see you go! Let's talk this over and stay together.

Have you reviewed your detailed bill online to see why the bill increased? For account security cancelling service online is not an option. I can definitely take a look at what's going on. Just follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a direct message http://vz.to/1evjma8 so I can further assist you.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

- You'll need to send a Follow request (located in the upper right-hand corner of their profile page) to that they'll have to accept.  Likewise, they'll need to send you a Follow request that you'll have to accept (you can look for these by clicking the Actions button at the top of the page, the button that looks like a check mark).  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message.

0 Likes
tsrskr

I'm now paying $72/month for usage of about 5 minutes per month.  Someone said I can compare the last 2 bills to see why my charges went up.  I did that and it only shows the charges going up, but not why.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Well it appears you are looking at the billing summary and that only summarizes the bill and explains why you cannot figure out the reason for the increase in charges.

Look at the detailed bill and you will see all of the charges listed. If something is on this moths bill or is increased on this months bill compared with last months bill, THAT is the reason why your bill is larger.

tsrskr

OK, thanks.  It appears that I have been receiving a 19% Access Discount and it was discontinued this last month.  No explanation why.  I've been a Veriz on customer since 1939 (slight exaggeration) but probably since 2000 or so.  We only carry the 2 phones for emergencies and a little convenience.

As I said before, we use usually 4 to 5 minutes a MONTH.  Anybody know of a cheaper carrier or plan we can get on?

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://www.T-Mobile.com or http://www.sprint.com they have all you can talk, text and unlimited data for around $65-$75 plus taxes and fees. But you will have to pay full price for your device over time. ( 2 years) not too bad.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you use only 4-5 minutes/month, it may be beneficial to look into a prepaid service, whether on Verizon or another provider.

Earlier this year, Verizon started re-verifying customers employment situation if they were receiving an employer discount on their bill. You were most likely notified but simply ignored the request to verify your employment in order to continue receiving your discount.

If you are still employed by the same employer, you can verify your employment HERE or add another employer if you have changed employers since you first signed up in 1939.

0 Likes