how do I change the number of rings before voice mail picks up an incoming call?
Mikebike
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I change the number of rings before voice mail picks up an incoming call on my iPhone 6S?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I change the number of rings before voice mail picks up an incoming call?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We know that having time to pick up a call is important, Mikebike. The ability to change the set time for a call before it goes to voice mail is not available on any of our devices. By default, the phone should ring approximately 30 seconds before the voice mail picks up.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: how do I change the number of rings before voice mail picks up an incoming call?
Snn5
Legend

I didn't think you could since that number is set by Verizon.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's set by the system at roughly 30 seconds; sometimes using a different ringtone helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We know that having time to pick up a call is important, Mikebike. The ability to change the set time for a call before it goes to voice mail is not available on any of our devices. By default, the phone should ring approximately 30 seconds before the voice mail picks up.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Mikebike
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is awful. If I'm going to answer the phone, I do it quickly. When I can't, and my customers have to wait 30 seconds, they are typically so frustrated by having to wait that long that they often hang up before voice mail picks up. I often have them tell me they are too busy to sit on the other end of the line and wait and wait and wait for voice mail to pick up. So they hang up and I miss the business. Bad policy, Verizon! You don't know the best answer for my customers, or my situation. Let the customer decide!

baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you keep your phone with you at all times? If so, you could always "reject" the call and it will send them off to voicemail quicker than 30 seconds. Usually 30 seconds is about 5 rings anyway. At least that's all I hear whenever I call anyone, whether it be Verizon phone or not. I don't find that it's too much time. At least it's 30 seconds. Our landline business phone takes over a minute before VM picks up, ~12-15 rings. Now THAT is frustrating. And that landline is not serviced by Verizon, but Comcast.

0 Likes
baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I am not aware of any cellular provider actually providing a way to shorten your ring time. I don't think it's only Verizon. I've  used hundreds of cellphones (not always mine, sometimes I would fix phones for friends) for about 12 years, and can only recall an old T-Mobile Nokia that had this setting, but it would never save. It would always revert back to default.

Weth
Legend

Put your iPhone in Do Not Disturb mode (can be scheduled or manual with quick button click on swipe from buttom)

In settings/Do Not Disturb

Make Silence Always

When you do this, calls will go directly to voice mail.