how can you tell if you're getting throttled or "Network Optimized"
jamesak

Ever since Verizon announced they were going to start "optimizing" the network my phone has worked like crap. It'll go from 5 bars of 4GLTE to 1X, no data, or even no cellular signal at all and then bounce back a minute later. I don't use more than 3-4 gigs of data a month on an unlimited plan so I don't think I'm considered a top 5% user.  Are they screwing with me or has the service really taken a nosedive coincidentally around the same time they announced throttling (even though they don't call it that).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can you tell if you're getting throttled or "Network Optimized"
off2bfe

I've been having trouble with my internet & Hotspot on my iPhone 5s.  Certain websites i can't launch due to the speed i'm getting on my iPhone.  The 2nd tier tech told me I might be the few customers that are affected by the Network Optimized because I have the unlimited data plan.  This is a bunch of b#&^s$#%!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

No one is screwing with you. Their "throttling" doesn't even start until Oct 1st. I'm not sure why people don't get that data is a SHARED resource. The more people on the same tower your using data the slower your connection is going to be. I'm not understanding why this concept is so hard to grasp.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would say it is a trust thing, we don't trust Verizon.  They company that says it starts 10/1 is the same company that sold us unlimited data and now wants to add fine print to say if you attempt to use what we sold you we will throttle you because you don't pay us enough money.  Also, it is interesting that before XLTE my speeds were DOUBLE what I get now and yes I am in the top 5%.   Please help us FCC and I recommend everyone file a complaint against Verizon with them File Complaint | FCC.gov

0 Likes