how can I change my old flip phone on my acct now to a LG tracphone, I want to keep the same number
mjbarr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a current Verizon customer and I am thinking of changing my Samsung Guesto to a LG smart phone by Tracphone( I like the way this phone feels and is easy to use ). I just would like to change the current phone # to a smartphone. How would I do that and what would it cost?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can I change my old flip phone on my acct now to a LG tracphone, I want to keep the same number
deloused
Master - Level 3

It would depend on the model of the LG smartphone. If it's compatible with the Verizon network and Tracfone unlocks it for use with another provider you can switch your phone number to the device id of the LG in your MyVerizon account. and add the smartphone data plan/feature option amount of of your choice based on how much data you plan on using. If it's a 4g device you'd also need to get a Verizon SIM card to replace the Tracfone one for it to work.

0 Likes
Re: how can I change my old flip phone on my acct now to a LG tracphone, I want to keep the same number
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you are planning to switch from Verizon Wireless to Tracphone, are you sure this device is unlocked and compatible with the Verizon Wireless network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mjbarr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess their is another way, that is porting over my current number to the tracphone.Anyone know what that involves and what it costs?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You initiate the port with Tracfone not Verizon Wireless. If you are under contract, you will be liable for the ETF. You should start the port as close as possible to the end of your billing cycle since you won't be prorated for a partial billing cycle usage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mjbarr3, we absolutely want to keep you as a Verizon customer! I'm here to clarify a couple of things. You can always do a device change on your account. When it comes to a prepaid device, it has to have been active on Tracfone for at least 6 months, and we have to check the device I.D. to make sure it is compatible with our system.

Have you looked in to the smartphones that we currently offer?   http://vz.to/1PiIykZ

We also have Certified Pre-Owned devices for you to choose from.   http://vz.to/1Swtrau

We would be able to give you pricing once we reviewed your account.

MarcusSS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes