help to upgrade broken iphone

I am very upset with Verizon. I have been with Verizon wireless for 7 years or so and have 5 smart phones and 2 tablets on my account.  My Grandson recently dropped by iphone 4s and put a crack in the screen. I thought I would just upgrade to iphone 5 s and was told that I do not qualify for a upgrade or the new edge plan. I have paid Verizon thousands of dollars over the years and have been a loyal costumer over the years. I am going to be changing my service to another carrier. It may take a while but it is evident that Verizon does not value their customers and have so many customers that they do not need to retain their customer base. What can Verizon do for me?

Sincerely

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: help to upgrade broken iphone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

8453 wrote:

I am very upset with Verizon.... My Grandson recently dropped by iphone 4s and put a crack in the screen. I thought I would just upgrade to iphone 5 s and was told that I do not qualify for a upgrade or the new edge plan. ... What can Verizon do for me?

My daughter's iPhone worked fine with a cracked screen for several months before she became eligible for an upgrade.

If you are not eligible for an upgrade to replace the 4s, your options are:

• Continue to use the phone with with the cracked screen, unless it is non-functional.  But I've seen some majorly cracked screens and the phones continue to function just fine.  Wait until that line or another line on your plan ias able to upgrade.
  • Use/activate a spare phone that you or a friend may have (we keep several older, basic phones just for this purpose and we now have a few older smartphones too) until you can upgrade
  • If you have insurance, use that to replace the iPhone
  • Look on eBay, swappa, or other private party sites for a replacement to get you through if the phone is absolutely unusable

If you do not have insurance (I don't carry it on our phones - I'll save my $$ and deal  with a lost or damaged phone as needed) and I don't expect Verizon to "do" anything if one of the phones on my account is lost, or stolen, or damaged, especially if I am not eligible for an upgrade.  They will deal with me if I've fulfilled my contracts - if I'm still under contract I don't expect a deal and will figure a way to keep a working phone on the line on my own.

rcschnoor
Legend

I need to figure out how to like a response MORE than 1 time!!!Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There I helped you like the post, .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes