getting out of my contract
kimmyc94

I am so dissatisfied with the customer service that I have received from VZW over the last 10 months or so that I want to get out of my contract.  Does anyone have any loopholes/suggestions?  I am paying so much money and no one is willing to help me out - all they are interested in is getting my to pay MORE money.  10 years + a VZW customer - I really want out and need to figure out a way so that I can go back to affording my cell phones!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: getting out of my contract
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can call customer service and cancel the contract, and your cell service.  You will have an ETF to pay, based on the phone you purchased and how much time you have left in the contract.

If you are asking how to cancel the contract without paying the ETF, the only way would be to transfer the contract to someone else - find someone willing to take over the rest of the contract and then do an Assumption of Liability, turning the account over to them.  You'd then be without a phone (unless the one who is taking over the contract has a Verizon phone and doesn't need yours).

That still leaves you with the dilemma of service for the phone you do have ... what phone is it?  And can you work the plans to get one that you can afford and still use your current phone?  You may be able to change your plan to a more affordable one and still keep your current account and phone...it would be helpful to know what plan and phone you have now so we can suggest ways to reduce your bill.

0 Likes
Re: getting out of my contract
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Do NOT call Verizon and cancel your contracts unless you are willing to give up your numbers. That is first and foremost. Just calling and canceling, no matter how angry you are, will cause more problems. The one suggestions that I can stand behind is to give us a little more background into what plan and types of phones you have. If you have smartphones you should also let us know what each phone uses on average per month for data. Maybe we can help you figure the situation out and offer a solution.

The reason I suggest this is because if you were to leave Verizon by porting your numbers to a different carrier you will be stuck with your ETFs and final bill from VZW but you will have new phones to purchase as well as activation fees ($35 per line) with any new carrier.

If you simply just want to leave then leave your VZW account alone and go to the carrier you want. Do your business there. They can help you port any available numbers and cancel you VZW account.

0 Likes