fraud
rbelle

I recently found over $1,000 in charges on my credit report, reported by Verizon Wireless.  I only have a corporate paid cell.  When I phoned Verizon, got bounced around 3 times, and landed with Sedrick in Fraud, he could barely put sentences together intelligently enough to tell me insensitively that I would need to go to the police in CT (I live in PA), wait the 7 days for the report print out, and then email it to Verizon.  Then it would take SIX MONTHS for the decision.  He told me he could see that the identity theft and fraud obviously took place in BROOKLYN but this is the process.  He pressed me to give him my SS# as  the only way to look up the account, and now I wish I had not.  Having just been the victim of identity theft, you would think Verizon would have other means of looking up accounts other than SS#??????  TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. 

Has anyone else been through this?  Has anyone resolved this?  I don't want to go through six months of hell and wan this off my credit report NOW. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: fraud
cmac92

I recently at the store to upgrade my wife and found out that an account had been opened using my personal information and had over $1700 in collections.  Spent 4 hours in the store getting bounced around on the phone....Terrible service. The reps in the store were pretty supportive (only positive)...The reps on the phone kept asking me to pay the unpaid balance and when I would tell them that it wasn't me and ask for information (when account opened, where, by who) they said they couldn't tell me.  How does that sound...you asking me to pay a dept, I dispute, but you can't tell me anything...yet you would happily take the money.  MAKES NO SENSE!  One of the store reps finally called Fraud who supposedly did an investigation and closed the case.  I've had the same account with Verizon for over 11 years while in SC and GA....The fraud account was opened in Denver Colorado....So why was this never came up as a question during the account opening when you could clearly see my phone activity in GA at the time....I don't know.  Also makes no sense to me why, that even after the account went into collection they never notified me....Just seems like many opportunities to prevent and or alert me sooner....Instead, I find out in the store....

0 Likes
Re: fraud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmac92,

I am sorry to hear that you had this kind of experience. We take fraud very serious. Was the fraud department able to get this all taken care of for you? They can always be reached at 888-483-7200. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes