family locator question
michelle28430

I have a question about family locator  I want to put it on my teenagers iphone4 but when I check her location, will she get a text or anything notifying her? I don't want her to know I'm checking up 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: family locator question
MistyBalinsat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Michelle,

Unfortunately, the iPhone is not currently capable of being found by the Family Locator service. Hopefully, in the future it will be!

Misty

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MistyBalinsat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Michelle,

Unfortunately, the iPhone is not currently capable of being found by the Family Locator service. Hopefully, in the future it will be!

Misty

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Michelle,

As Misty commented, the iPhone is not capable of being the locatee on Family Locator at this time. I am not sure if this will change in the future. You may want to consider other applications like Find My iPhone or search thru the AppStore on her phone to see if there are other applications you can download to monitor your daughter.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MichelleLong
Enthusiast - Level 3

use the Find my iPhone app that is free.  Enable it on the iPhone.  Then, you can login to icloud.com on a computer and locate the phone.  It is very accurate -- within a few feet most of the time.  Plus, if you lose your phone (in your house, car, etc.), you can use Find my iPhone to play a sound -- even if the phone is on silent or vibrate only.  I use it to keep an eye on my daughter and to help her when she is lost.  They don't know when you are locating them. 

0 Likes