failed calls getting progressively worse
fh73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call coverage getting worse.  Failed calls increasing around zip codes 29627, 29621, and 29649.  It seems many people are having similar issues nationwide when you research it.  Been a long time customer (15+ years).  I do not want to look at other carriers but this is getting ridiculous.

Labels (1)
Re: failed calls getting progressively worse
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be devastated to see a 15+ year customer leaving the Verizon family, fh73. As I'm not seeing any service alerts in those zip codes, I'd like to investigate this issue further. What make and model phone do you have? When calls fail, please elaborate on what happens with those calls (i.e. call failed error, audio breaking up, etc.). Do others in your immediate area experience the same with our service?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fh73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 7 128GB running iOS 11.4.  When a call fails, there is audio breaking up beforehand then I get the "Call Failed" indication on the iPhone.  I have spoken with other Verizon customers using Apple products and they have similar issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, fh73. Having calls fail is never ideal and I definitely want to assist with improving your coverage. On your iPhone 7, I would like you to go to your 'Settings' and choose 'Cellular'. On the next screen, select 'Cellular Data Options', and make sure the option for 'Enable LTE' is set to 'Data Only'. Please use your phone for a day or so with this setting in place. The reason for this is when the setting 'Enable LTE' is set for 'Voice & Data', it searches for a signal that is not available in the zip codes you provided and can cause calls to drop or fail mid-conversation. You still will have a great LTE data connection for web browsing on your phone and your device will search for the excellent digital signal in your area. Please let us know if you notice any improvement while you have this setting in place.

Greg_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fh73
Enthusiast - Level 2

The service still continues to be getting progressively worse.  Even calls in Anderson SC are dropping now.  I have tried the analog calling through CDMA but calls still drop in the zip codes listed above.  The red map Verizon shows over most of the country must have many small white spots the company ignores when making their coverage claims.  Unsatisfied 15 year customer here....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing drop calls. Our goal is to provide the best service for our customers. Your 15 year loyalty absolutely means the world to us, and we would love to help you in any way we can. Can you elaborate further? Is any of your other services such as text messages, and data connectivity being impacted? How long ago did this issue start?

Rachel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Treasuresh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue in and around my area as well, 11223. My friends and family have also been experiencing this, so it is not localized to my phone. Issue has been occurring for two weeks now, and Verizon says there is nothing wrong with their network, when I know that not to be the case. You guys just sent me an email closing my case. If you don’t fix this issue in a timely manner and acknowledge it, you will lose a customer of 25 years to another carrier, along with our $7000/ yr in bills. Let me know if you plan of remediating this issue.

Punch
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem still exists & Verizon in denial that they have problem.   Always phone issue per them.  Wants one to use WiFi Calling when paying for a telephone service that one is not getting. Sickening!

scherer5127
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with my iPhone X in the 50265 area code. I have had Verizon for over 20 years and can't remember calls dropping, ever. But just this morning between 7:30 am and 8:30 am I had 3 calls failed in the middle of the call. I am trying to work with a repair company, and every time the call fails, I have to start over in the waiting line for someone to talk to me. 

I have gotten the call failed message more times this week than I have in 20 years!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scherer5127-

We never want you having dropped calls. Let's gather more details to ensure we get to the bottom of this issue. What make/model phone do you have? Did this happen with the same person you were on the phone with? 

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes