essential workers
sheena88lo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a house of medical field workers. No we are not RN's, but we work just as hard and are just on the front lines as those rn's. 

any where from an x ray tech to respiratory therapists should be included in these discounts.

frontline means front lines.... usually its the medical assistants that are outside checking those temperatures and taking those samples from the drive-thru, any and every healthcare worker is affected and on the lines. Not just Nurses. Bless nurses always, but still. 

please extend. 

Re: essential workers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sheena88lo

I hope you and your family are safe and healthy. I'm sure there are several professions that could be considered overlooked at this time as we're all seeing how much we rely on others to function. Restaurant workers providing drive-thru and curbside service, grocery store workers, garbage men, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Gas Station workers, transit workers, Respiratory therapists, Doctors, Pilots, Flight Attendants, Customer Service employees and the list goes on are all essential and putting themselves at risk during this time and none of these groups receive this discount that is exclusive to our Mix and Match unlimited plans. We're not purposely excluding anyone but because Nurses are right there on the front lines risking their lives and because teachers are being resilient in adapting to new ways in which to teach their students for which many parents are seeing just how valuable they are, we have chosen to recognize them with this discount. We are always evaluating our discounts and they may change in the future. Check them frequently here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/discount-program/#

JoeL_VZW

sheena88lo
Enthusiast - Level 1

The discount states healthcare workers, first responders and teachers...I understand what and who is on the front lines. Because I am in the healthcare and am currently on the frontline. But my point is that Verizon shouldn't be using the broad term of healthcare workers if it is ONLY for RNs. That's the main issue.  And so far this is the only company that is doing it like this. Anywhere from Adidas to a pizza shop understands that healthcare workers means more than an RN.

JAKEdog1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nurses arent in the front lines....they re sitting around being glorfied baby sitters.  Lab techs swab the noses, CNAs do the dirtty work, and xray n respiratory diagnose the issues. Nurses just babysitt.....that's it. I start IVs, run a million dollar CT scanner, transport patients n nurses give pills bedside......so rough

JAKEdog1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Joel u r a clueless man

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAKEdog1, we are happy to lift your feedback up in hopes of additional discounts being offered in the future. As my child has leukemia, I do know that there are many positions in hospitals, clinics and offices outside of specifically nursing positions, that risk their lives and safety each and every day. I for one do thank you for all that you do and hope that there will be a discount available for you in the near future. Should the offers change, details will be made available at https://www.verizon.com/discount-program/.  LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
psylentbob
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with the posters above. The healthcare designation needs to go beyond nurses. There is nobody more frontline than radiology techs and respiratory therapists

rachalynia28
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES TO THIS

and let's not forget sonographers 🙂

melodyh78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I work in a hospital as a rad tech.  I perform x-rays and CTs on numerous COVID patients a day.  On COVID positives and PUIs, I have to put on 2 gowns, three pairs of gloves to prevent contaminating the machine, a North respirator, hair cover, and face shield.  There have been times in the ER when I have been the first one in a room where a patient's chief complaint is something non-COVID related (like chest pain), just to look at the x-ray and realize they certainly have it (which means I was just exposed without any forewarning).  I have received my first dose of the vaccine because I'm on the front lines.  I am not permitted to give blood anymore because I'm on the front lines.  Last I checked, garbage men, restaurant workers, gas station clerks and everyone else you mentioned do NOT qualify for the vaccine, they ARE still allowed to donate blood, and while they are essential workers (to keep our economy going, I feel the ENTIRE workforce is essential), they are NOT on the frontlines.  I was told I could maybe try the discount program for first responders, but no...not covered there, either.  Strangely, 911 DISPATCHERS are covered...um...why???  So yes, this is very much a slap in the face to those of us working in the ED and the ICU with COVID patients every day, but even though I care for FAR MORE patients in a day than a nurse does, I don't get any kind of discount?  And RESPIRATORY THERAPISTS don't either???  That's shameful.  This is obviously due to someone at Verizon making marketing decisions who has never worked in a hospital and has no idea how short-sighted a "nurse discount" really is.  To compare a respiratory therapist in the midst of a respiratory pandemic to a package delivery person is simply asinine.

Tags (2)
Shane30173
Enthusiast - Level 1

So that 20 people a day that I deal with that have covid-19 doesn't qualify me as frontline because I chose a technical field instead of wiping butts and handing out pills. The sweat from the multiple layers of gloves and gowns and respirators isn't the same as an RN. Because I'm an RT(R) I'm less of a person to you verizon? I deserve less? I was shopping for a phone but now I think I'll be shopping for a new carrier