dropped calls
Melhan

My husband and I both have Samsung Galaxy 7s and my daughter has a Iphone 6 and every time we use our phones at home, the calls get dropped.  I read through the forums which indicate that I purchase an extender but I don't think I should have to purchase something to make what I already pay for work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melhan, I want to make sure one way or another that you and your family are able to maintain calls while making them from the comfort of your own home. Let's work together and review some options that you can benefit from going forward. When did this issue with dropped calls start exactly? Do you notice that the dropped calls still occur outside of your home?

Coverage may vary day to day due to a variety of reasons such as cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. Verizon Wireless including all other carries are unable to guarantee indoor coverage. But there is some great news I would recommend you take advantage of if not already. Without the need to purchase a Network Extender, you have the ability to utilize WiFi Calling from all 3 devices as this is a free feature built into the settings of your devices. WiFi calling works with your existing home internet connection and allows you to properly make and receive calls with the possibility of less dropped calls. Once this feature is enabled, your smartphones while automatically default to WiFi Calling when it recognizes that your signal from the nearest cell tower is weak. You can learn more about how the feature works and setup instructions at the link below. I hope this helps clear up and address your concerns with dropped calls indoors. http://spr.ly/6587DjQRb

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xmastoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same question.  Within the last several weeks, something has changed.  Calls are dropped every time we are on our phones inside the house or out in the yard.  We enabled WiFi calling in our phones but although the quality of the conversation improved, the calls continue to be dropped.  We are located in Clark County, Washington, about 20 miles north of Portland Oregon.  I was told that we could PURCHASE a Network Extender but I object to having to purchase something to improve the service for which I am already paying.  I would like to know what has caused our formerly reliable smartphones to become so unreliable. My partner is seriously considering switching carriers.

0 Likes
CLIMBERHI

I have the same problem. It began with a Samsung 7 and Verizon could not find the problem. They did a settings update and checked the cell towers near my home and near work (15 miles apart) and found nothing. I took the phone to a cell phone repair place, and they did a software upgrade -- no help. The next step was to pay money for hardware checks. I chose instead to buy a different phone Samsung 4 mini which I prefer because it is smaller. 2 weeks after I got it, I started having dropped calls again at both home and work. Did you hear anything from Verizon?

0 Likes
MICROG88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issue but only with one of two phones.  Have changed phones three times and added extender.  Nothing helps.  Someone from Verizon suggested changing phone number to get off the piece of equipment the number resides in. We do not want to change the number.  Thinking of going to ATT to get rid of issue. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICROG88 We value you greatly as a customer and would be very sad to lose you. I apologize for the resolution that was offered to you as changing the number would not impact your service. Can you please tell us more about the device that is having the problem? Have we done any troubleshooting for that particular device with the network extender?

MelissaP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CLIMBERHI

Melissa,

Here is the history of failures by Verizon to fix the problem when Verizon did trouble shooting:

1. After the first week of dropped calls, called Verizon which gave a list of steps to adjust the settings on the phone (at that Samsung 7): no help.

2. Called Verizon which did a cell tower check because calls were being dropped at home and at work (15 miles apart): towers were fine. Verizon suggested I use some other call route eg relying on wifi, but my son said that would means Verizon is renigging on providing the service I am paying for.

3. Went to a Verizon store (real one, not 3rd party) and got a new sim card: no help.

4. Went to cell phone repair shop (Ubreakifix) which upgraded the software: no help. They said they would need to charge me for the next fix attempt. Instead I bought a Samsung 4 mini and took it to a Verizon store and changed my phone# over: still having dropped calls at home and at work!!!

This happens mainly in the morning, in multiple locations, with two different phones, and I am not using any other app on the phone.

I don't know about a network extender; no one offered it before.

Florence

0 Likes
MICROG88
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have tried 3 different phones, multiple setups, and extender.  My phone

which my wife has now did not do it with my number.  Her phone which I now

have did it with her number but does not do it now. We are currently

traveling and it is not doing it.  Must be the tower in combination with

here number.  Only solution is to change providers since number change is

not an option.  We have done all Verizon has asked us to do but change the

number. Phone number is [removed], please do not post on forum.

Mike & Peggy

[removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
kopj

I have the same problem. Recently started dropping calls all the time from home. Zip 60564. I have a Note 8. My wife's S8 is also experiencing the same problem. What's going on?

0 Likes
Mitchy24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Within the past few weeks I am also having the same problem . I have a galaxy s7 as well. I have made calls from home and within a minute of starting the call the call drops multiple times. Nothing has changed on my phone, in my house, etc. It is on Verizon end. Like many threads I have seen, i am ready to switch service if this continues.