downgrade account & device
ies1980

I love my Samsung Illusion but the battery barely lasts a day & I'm constantly having to "kill" apps to save power. When I went to my local Verizon store, I asked for a replacement battery (was willing to pay), instead the woman I spoke to just reset it to factory settings which did nothing but cause me to have to redo my email and apps. The battery life didn't seem to increase at all.

Besides this, I find myself in very hard financial times and I cannot afford to keep up with $100+ dollars a month. I am willing to downgrade my device and plan, I tend to text more than talk, but I am wondering if it will effect my contract or incur an additional fee & if so, how much? Does it depend on what kind of plan I have now?

I'd like to take care of this as soon as possible, am looking for any tips or helpful information from CS or those who may have already been through this process.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: downgrade account & device
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

By "killing" your apps, you are doing more harm than good for your battery life.

You can activate a basic feature phone and drop your data plan feature. This won't incur any additional charges, but you will still be under contract for the length of the two year term from your purchased your smartphone. When you switch devices, I would suggest doing as close as possible to the end of your billing cycle so you don't get any overages with your data plan since you will be billed for a partial month.

If you decide to drop and cancel your service altogether, then please remember that you will have an Early Termination Fee (ETF) if you are currently under contract. For smartphones, it is $350 minus $10 per month for each month of your contract completed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Yes, you can downgrade your device and plan anytime. It won't change your contract length or cost anything as long as you're fulfilling your contract by having the line active. Since you're not eligible for a subsidized device, activate a phone you already have or shop around for deals on a regular phone off contract. You can sell your Illusion to offset the cost of buying a new phone, or you can keep it and use it on Wi-Fi.

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

And I agree with this. Today's devices do a pretty good job of managing apps on their own.

0 Likes