does any one else have issues with the lack of properly trained reps ?
hardcase75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a subscriber to verizon services for just under a year now and have been repeatedly disappointed by the " tech support" and " customer service " departments .   I purchased a new droid xt912 (razr) and it worked great for a month or two then started having issues  with random shutdowns and screen possessions icons randomly appearing and disappearing  ringers changing on their own silent mode turning on and off by itself etc..  my inital thought was that it was a dl'd app that was causing the problems so i reset the phone to out of the box status and went for a week with no downloads or apps beyond the pre installed bloatware and started experiencing the same issues . I contacted cust service who then referred me to  the laughable excuse for tech support  who's only advice was reset it when i advised them I'd already done the reset they seem stunned that I being a lowly customer would know how to do that and advised me that there wasn't much else they could do but file and insurance claim  and send me out a refurbished phone of the exact make and model.  I declined after reading multiple reviews about this phone and the multitude of issues it possess  and inquired about the possibility of allowing me to upgrade early and was told no under no circumstances would i be allowed to upgrade to a different phone.   fast forward a couple of months I find out about the activation of the " edge " program and inquired with my local sales rep about the possibility of ditching this p.o.s. razr for a different device and the ill trained and very ill informed rep told me that i qualified for the program no problem and  I started the process  and after almost an hour of my day later was told that no i couldn't use the program  because i was already an active customer and wouldn't be eligible to even apply for it  until my existing contract was expired  at which point it would be really stupid on my part to renew into what is  basically a lease program when i would be due to  upgrade normally anyhow .  I'm happy with the actual service ( when my device works properly ) but am seriously considering changing to a slower network once my contract is done just because of the inferior  service .  I know it seems like i may be whining just a bit but after several months of incompetent help bad answers and outright lies I'm at a loss as to if i may be the only one that has these issues .  So if any one has had similar issues and has had them resolved i would so like to know

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: does any one else have issues with the lack of properly trained reps ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it's important to have an operable device hardcase75! If you have completed all troubleshooting including a factory reset, testing without 3rd party applications and are on the most updated software 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US all troubleshooting options have been exhausted. If you are under warranty I can certainly send a certified like new replacement however, it will be of the same make and model. If you would like to move forward please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a direct message with your mobile number. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
livefreeordie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get that all the time from these people, they tell you one thing then come back with another answer. These people have no idea what they are doing they just want to sell you something.

hardcase75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have accepted that I am stuck with this device as i do not want a direct product replacement I've been to  many of the global community forums and read about the product wide disaster this phone has been.   My issue is more with the seeming disregard for customer loyalty and respect for the consumer  who for lack of a better way of putting it pays the companies bills and employees salaries .  Denying existing customers access to programs such as the " edge" program and the lack of intelligent answers to simple questions is a gigantic slap in the face to the consumer who despite other options has chosen to lock in with verizon. I guess more to the point it seems the company is more interested in obtaining newer customers then maintaining long term repeat customers . maybe i'm a bit archaic in my line of thought but better the reliable source of income then the gamble and it seems Verizon doesn't share that thought

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Existing customers currently under contract do have access to the Device Payment Plan if you meet their qualifications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hardcase75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't want to even get started on the nightmares that program caused  3 days untold phone calls to corporate and a half dozen different retail reps to get anything that even came close to a straight honest answer this was of course just a matter of a few days before the announcement of the edge program. 

0 Likes