do i have to upgrade
kyut

if i already have the iphone, can i add data to my basic plan without having to upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: do i have to upgrade
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure I understand the question.  You "upgrade" by signing a two-year contract when purchasing a subsidized phone.  Do you currently have a basic phone and you bought an iphone off ebay or the like?  If so, you would have to add a data plan to the phone when you activate it.  Depending on your current calling plan, you should be able to choose between a tiered data plan (i.e., $30 for 2 gb) or switching to the Share Everything plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure I understand the question.  You "upgrade" by signing a two-year contract when purchasing a subsidized phone.  Do you currently have a basic phone and you bought an iphone off ebay or the like?  If so, you would have to add a data plan to the phone when you activate it.  Depending on your current calling plan, you should be able to choose between a tiered data plan (i.e., $30 for 2 gb) or switching to the Share Everything plan.

0 Likes
kyut

i bought the iphone off ebay, so i wouldnt have to pay the  early termination fee just to add data?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Is it a VZW branded iPhone. Does it have a clean ESN with VZW???

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You aren't canceling a line of service, so there shouldn't be an ETF.

by the way ... please don't post multiple threads with the same question

0 Likes
kyut

yes and yes

0 Likes
kyut

no  im not canceling a line and whats etf?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You are good to go then. You can log into your account switch the devices, you will be prompted to add the data plan you want and you will be set. And your contract will not be extended and you will not be charged a $30 activation fee

ETF= Early Termination Fee.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Early Termination Fee

0 Likes
kyut

thank you so much!

0 Likes