do i have to buy a phone from verizon to use the edge plan? can i buy a used verizon phone and still recive the $25 per month discount with 10 gigs of data?
cyberdelic99

id prefer to buy a used phone for a lower price, but only if i can still get the edge discount

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: do i have to buy a phone from verizon to use the edge plan? can i buy a used verizon phone and still recive the $25 per month discount with 10 gigs of data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cyberdelic99!

Verizon Edge is a payment plan for purchasing new phones from Verizon and paying them off over time. You would need to buy the phone from Verizon or an authorized third party retailer to get on this plan. You may only get the discount if you are on an Edge payment plan. As the Edge program pays off the full price monthly, you would not be able to receive a lower price on this plan.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: do i have to buy a phone from verizon to use the edge plan? can i buy a used verizon phone and still recive the $25 per month discount with 10 gigs of data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cyberdelic99!

Verizon Edge is a payment plan for purchasing new phones from Verizon and paying them off over time. You would need to buy the phone from Verizon or an authorized third party retailer to get on this plan. You may only get the discount if you are on an Edge payment plan. As the Edge program pays off the full price monthly, you would not be able to receive a lower price on this plan.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
cyberdelic99

ok, so what happens after 2 years when the phone is paid off, will i no longer receive the $25 per month discount on the line?

is there a similar discount for bringing your own phone to more everything plan?

0 Likes
kechandl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't do it... That verizon Edge will literally bring you over the edge should you try to leave, be sure to read the complete contract which they don't advertise correctly...

Verizon Wireless is basically a criminal who misleads their customers. My contract was almost up. I sign up for the Edge program, and the way it was explained to me, was "oh this way you can upgrade when you want (really once a year) and you aren't in a contract". Well that was a lie. I decide to go elsewhere so I call and ask what I need to do. They say "well, you are in a contract", (ok that wasn't told to me but fine) I ask what my termination fee is, they say "To get out of your edge program, you have to pay the $500 remaining fee for your phone ( Galaxy S5 which I was paying monthly, $25) and a termination fee for your service of $150."

HOLD up, so basically you are telling me that you guys came up with a way to charge two damn termination fees????? If I decided to take my phone with me, I could almost understand that, but If I give the phone back, why would I be paying for something that is no longer in my possession??? They say" That is how the Edge program works" WHAT COMPANY RUNS GAME LIKE THAT ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE THAT PHONE AND RESELL IT??? WHAT COMPANY LIES AT THE START OF A PROGRAM AND NEVER TELL YOU WHAT THE REAL DEAL IS???

I will be making it my business to go to every possible website to not only complain but warn potential customers to stay away from this company who will mislead you and then rob you when you decide to walk away. I worked for a telecommunication company for 10 years and never heard of anything like this in my life...WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cyberdelic99,

Thanks for your great questions. Are you currently a customer?  If you join Verizon Wireless and the More Everything plan there are discounts available to those who remain out of contract and are on month to month services;

More everything Under 10 GB -$15 off
More Everything 10 GB and greater - $25 off

Let us know if you need anything else!

TrevorC_VZW

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Nice Trevor, this is the first time I've ever seen a Verizon rep mention the month to month discount on here.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

kechandl1 wrote:

Don't do it... That verizon Edge will literally bring you over the edge should you try to leave, be sure to read the complete contract which they don't advertise correctly...

Let's see, it is advertised as a purchase agreement where you purchase a phone at full retail cost and spread the payments equally over 24 months with the sales tax paid up front. It is advertised that you can Edge Up after you pay off 75% of the cost of the phone which equates to upgrading after 18 months if you only make your regular payments. It is advertised as being able to pay off the balance of up to 75% at any time after 30 days in order to Edge Up making it possible to get a new phone at any time after 30 days. It is advertised that you must turn in your phone(in good working order) when Edging Up if you have not completely paid off the device. It is advertised that you will receive a $15/$25 discount on your line access fee for data allowances of less than 10 GB/10 GB+. It is advertised that if you leave Verizon you will still have to pay off your device.

Exactly what not included above is the Edge plan which is not being advertised?????

Of course if you choose to only read the parts you like and ignore all the rest which you don't like, you will be unhappy with the program.Smiley Happy

Not applicable

Edge is payment program. Your question is like asking if you can by a used car somewhere else and still pay your local GM dealer a car payment,

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

To summarize, buy the used phone for lower price, make sure it is Verizon compatible. Activate it on Verizon on a More Everything Plan and make sure you go into My Verizon and add the Month to Month discount to get the $15 or $25 off per month depending if you have < than 10 GB or 10GB or more. Be aware the math strongly supports getting 10 GB and getting the larger amount of data unless you truly use miniscule amounts of data.

0 Likes
mshbd

Is there anything I need to do to get this discount? I have a new line with my own device without any contract.

0 Likes