data usage
RONDEN80

Since june of this year my data usage is is through the roof. I'm the only one on my plan and had to add data to my plan. I now have 16gb of data and still almost running out data. My phone was on airplane mode for 19 days except when I checked for messages or facebook and watched two episodes of ncis los angeles. I'm doing nothing different then when I had 10gb and only using 8-9 gb's a month. Something isnt right here, there's no way I'm using this kind of data. Does anyone else have this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data usage
Weth
Legend

Your phone tells you exactly which app is using the data and how much.  These are counted independently of Verizon so it serves as both a check for accuracy and feedback to you on what is causing the problem.  That is always the first step. There are updated apps where settings can change that can increase data use, even when doing everything seemingly the same.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Used "Facebook and watched two episodes of NCIS Los Angeles"? Both of those are data hogs if they are used over the cellular data network. I will reiterate what Weth wrote earlier. You need to check the data usage on the phone itself to figure out what is using the data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

RONDEN80, we want to make sure your data is being calculated correctly.   We are here and will provide some additional assistance. I would also link to thank our community members for providing their much appreciated support. (Weth and Ann154). 

RONDEN80, if your phone is in Airplane mode then no data should have been used during this time.  I know it might not seem like it but there are many apps on cellular phones that use data. It's also possible for customers to think that they are on WI-Fi but actually be using their mobile data.  Instead of using Airplane mode for 19 days, we recommend just turning off the data on the phone when not in use. This will allow you make and receive calls and to also continue to use SMS.  Follow the link for more information on how to check your data usage:  Search Results for data usage

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes