data uage
bigjim616
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok I am getting real tired of spending most of my time on the telephone with Verizon and not getting anywhere. It is all about my data usage. Does anybody know of a soft ware I can get to measure the data I am using. Or is there some kind of agency that I can get a hold of to look into this matter. From what I have read on this site , it sound like maybe verizon is ripping off a lot of other people also. It's time to be heard and put a stop to this data ripe off.   I just want to know what it will take to stop this abuse.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data uage
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I don't know how an app that accurately measures data.  There have been some suggestions posted here before of apps to try but none of them that I've tried have been accurate when matched to VZW.  I don't know who's wrong...the app or VZW...thankfully I have more than enough data now so I don't have to worry about it so much.  If you run across something that works...please post...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've had good luck with Onavo Count; it, my phone, and My Verizon are all within MB's of each other every month.

Onavo Count | Data Usage - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your cell phone keeps track of your data use and is reasonably accurate.

you can control data use by using wifi at home and limiting applications to wifi only.

social media apps have settings within the app to prevent video from running automatically.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Do you know if a version exist for iOS?  I searched the App store and didn't see anything...

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

What device do you have?  And does the data usage on your phopne separate WiFi from cellular data?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you are using an android then I recommend My Data Manager.  It can be set to turn off at specific data thresholds and let you know which apps are using what data.  Saves my bacon on a small plan and from runaway apps.  My Data Manager - Data Usage - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigjim616,

I am very sorry to hear that your concerns have not been addressed in regards to your data usage. We would love to help right here. What make/model device do you have? How much data is it showing you are using each month? Is this data usage issue new or have you had this issue in the past? Please provide additional details

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for being proactive on measuring your data Loquat! You can always go into your device and see your data usage. What type of phone do you have?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, there's an Apple version:

Onavo | iPhone/iPad App

0 Likes