customer service # phone scams
SUSKOV57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a call from 800-922-0204. It said my account was under investigation and could be restarted by pressing 1. I did not respond and hung up. Another person on the account got a call from the same number . Anyone else having similar events?

Labels (1)
Re: customer service # phone scams
Tidbits
Legend

dial 611 from you handset and verify what's going on.  It's always best to do that and to reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Protecting your account is extremely important. I want to make sure that you get the assistance that you need. We verifying a customers account we don’t call our customers. I would highly recommend contacting our Customer Service team directly from your Verizon Wireless phone and dial *611. Thank you for allowing us to work with you.

EvelynR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
KARKAD51

I just got the exact same call. I only answered because I recognized the number as Verizon customer service number. I answered a few questions, but became suspicious when the representative asked to spell my name. I also answered yes to a question which I know I shouldn't do, but again, it seemed legit. I also pressed 1 to reactivate my account, and now have no idea what will happen next. Be aware, that when I spoke with verizon immediately after the call, they advised that they NEVER call us directly.......lesson learned to never answer my cell phone again......

0 Likes