congested tower
sptclay66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have spent the last two weeks on the phone with verizon, trying to determine why my data speeds are getting worse and worse.  For a point of reference, by download speed is anywhere from 0.8 - 1.8 and upload 5 to 6 times faster. Zip code is 65635. Started with my Cantenna, so, verizon sent a technician out to replace all of the harware for the system.  No great shock, nothing changed from a speed perspective. So, called verizon back and was told that in the call reps experience, when the download and upload are upside down, the tower is just overly busy and there was nothing he could do.  Finally, got him to open a ticket with, i really dont know who or what area, and one day later I got a text message saying my ticket was closed and the resolution was in an attached video.  The video talked about using wifi calling....but we are dealing with a cantenna....it does not make calls.

The decreased speed is evident not only with the cantenna but also on our mobile devices.

My sincere, and I guess last hope, is that from what I have seen on this forum, there is someone monitoring that can give me a hand who has more of a desire to help than some of the people I have spoken with on the phone.

Labels (1)
Re: congested tower
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sptclay66,

Thanks for visiting our community forum. We have sent you a direct message that you can reply to for assistance. Thank you.

Eric_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes