confused, will my account be fixed?
Mobiu5s

Bad day. just got back home. I have a droid x phone i have had for years(lags locks up and dies after 30 mins of use anymore,its old) . was on Verizon website and chat bar opened. talked to a person named Jackie who told me all I had to do was transfer my (unlimited data) droid x upgrade to another line on family account.  then upgrade that phone. then when phone came in mail to activate it for the droid x and i would keep my unlimited data. """"I question this many times and she told me it would work""She then walked me threw it and i ordered phone and sim card... 5 days later i get said phone with sim card...It will not activate, so i call costumer support line.. i get a hold of a person named Rebecca... ..Rebecca activates phone but i lost my unlimited data..(I have Verizon CHAT from Jackie saved) Rebecca is able to pull up and review this Verizon chat i had and tells me that sorry for the mix up and that because in this Verizon chat what Jackie said even though possibly wrong she would make this right and get my new phone working on my unlimited account...she told me to go to a Verizon store and have them fix it or wait 5 more days for a new sim card that she would mail me... but tells me just to go to a Verizon store and tell them my story and she make a note on my account for them to understand what to do...i am so happy to hear all this.... I live in small town, so closest Verizon store is a hour away.. i get there and only thing they will do is allow me to return new phone and charge me a 35 dollar restocking fee. Unable to get a hold of Jackie or Rebecca and Verizon store unable to read or hear what has been said will only just take phone back and charge me restocking fee. I at this time do not want to be charged for restocking fee and just want to use my new phone and stay unlimited like i was told i could do by 2 Verizon people. I been with Verizon for like 5 years and have 4 phones with them and only 1 of them is a unlimited data line. I call costumer support again and this person understands my problem and is nice enough to credit me the 35 dollar restocking fee but i MUST return phone to keep unlimited and keep old phone and get my money back (302 dollars) ..with no other option to keep my unlimited data besides full retail ( I don't have a hole pay check to use for a phone)--- I return phone and get money back ---drive a hour back home. i get home and check my unlimited line on Verizon website and it shows  that I am not unlimited data anymore....i am hoping this will change next billing cycle back to unlimited data??? i am confused and a bit aggravated...bad day....i hope it changes back to unlimited.. wish this never happened...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: confused, will my account be fixed?
bleedvzred
Enthusiast - Level 3

there is a way to keep it, but it wont be a walk in the park. First and foremost the phone must be returned to verizon, no way around that part. then you must add a line to your account not with a new phone, but maybe if you have an old verizon flip phone lying around <--(purpose of this is so its not under contract and you can disconnect it after this is all done)you can then use your upgrade on that phone number. Your contract still extends but since your line wont be the one activating the new phone, your data and anything else on your number cant be touched. The person you spoke to was right about activating through another line, but failed to mention that the number activating should be one that is already without unlimited data. you only have 14 days to return, hope this helps

0 Likes