common sense is gone...
4ncdeckers

SO here is the issue... I have a line with an iPhone 5. The one with the battery issues... Had it replaced about a year ago and now the new one is acting the same.  I am 29 days from being able to upgrade.  CS offered a "managers upgrade" but the phone I want is out of stock and won't be in until after the date of my actual upgrade...they can't change the date so I can go into a store and upgrade because ""Apple with drop their contract with them". ..... their solution...  They can do a swap but because there is a hairline crack in the screen I will be charged $299 when it arrives at the warehouse.  ...huh?  So you agree it's the battery but because the screen is cracked you are going to charge me $299 even though it doesn't effect the battery?    Ummm. No.   There next solution... Replace the screen and then send it in.... Spend $100 for a new screen and in 28 days turn around and spend $200 on a new phone.... Um no!   12 years as a customer and this is the best they can do?   So I can add a line.. Get the phone I want and then swap the phone numbers.... And that is fine but you won't change the date of my upgrade and save us both time and money?.... Common sense is GONE!  I am thinking in 29 days I just find another carrier..... Seems like that makes the most sense!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: common sense is gone...
Tidbits
Legend

Take it to Apple same result. Do it with any other carrier results are the same regardless of tenure with a carrier. The warranty has always been set by the manufacturer. Apple will charge your a out of warranty fee due to the screen as well. It may be cheaper than Verizon because they replace the whole phone over repairing it like Apple does(only Apple is authorized to do this and get additional warranties)

A lot of people have done what you are doing to replace their broken devices and manufacturers closed that loophole and FTC agreed with them and allowed them to do so.

I wish you luck on your next carrier and I hope you don't end up in the same position again.

tbo27
Master - Level 2

Ummm no. They won't change upgrade dates for anyone unless it's their error. So you've been with vzw for a dozen years and can't wait another 29 days? They tried to work with you on mgr early upgrade but you gotta have the i6. Just wait it out

0 Likes
4ncdeckers

Actually... You are wrong. Don't want the iPhone6. One should not assume thing!  They did change my upgrade date... Just got the phone call!  Guess I was lucky!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Yes if they changed the upgrade date for you to pick up the phone at a store or whatever then yes a little luck. Which phone was it?

0 Likes