cloud duplicating pictures
Heather5285
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so I go to my Verizon cloud and every single picture is in there twice. Is there a way to stop that from happening?  And will I have to go and delete, one by one,  the duplicates from cloud?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cloud duplicating pictures
ocbp50
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please do not delete the duplicates.  I did this and learned the hard way.  When the screen refreshed in the Windows 8 app not only were the duplicates gone from Verizon Cloud, but the originals too.  Lost every photos from Sept-Dec 2014 (had been solely backing up to Verizon Cloud).  There is no way to get the photos back either once deleted using the Verizon Cloud app on your phone or PC.

Suggest you login to your account via the web through verizonwireless.com or via the app on your phone.  My bet is the duplicates are not there.  Also, they really are not duplicates, as your storage usage is not double what it should be.

I have not backed up to Verizon Cloud since this fiasco back in January.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Heather5285,

That's very odd that the Verizon cloud is duplicating your pictures.  What model phone do you have? When did you start seeing this occur? If you log into My Verizon and view your pictures are they showing duplicated there as well?

Please share some further details so we can locate the root cause. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mike_n_Nit

Bologna.. It happened to me also Mr Verizon. What does it mean when the cloud picture source starts

with /VZMOBILE/?  because as far as I know, that's NOT a directory on my computer..

0 Likes
Mike_n_Nit

It would appear there is an issue with Backup Assistant and the VZWcloud.  What did your programmers do when you all switched?

0 Likes
Mike_n_Nit

Your forum keeps dropping me..  Anyways, how do I *easily* delete all pictures that end with .jpg.jpg from the verizon cloud?

0 Likes
ocbp50
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please do not delete the duplicates.  I did this and learned the hard way.  When the screen refreshed in the Windows 8 app not only were the duplicates gone from Verizon Cloud, but the originals too.  Lost every photos from Sept-Dec 2014 (had been solely backing up to Verizon Cloud).  There is no way to get the photos back either once deleted using the Verizon Cloud app on your phone or PC.

Suggest you login to your account via the web through verizonwireless.com or via the app on your phone.  My bet is the duplicates are not there.  Also, they really are not duplicates, as your storage usage is not double what it should be.

I have not backed up to Verizon Cloud since this fiasco back in January.

0 Likes