call forwarding
mx_elena_2002

How do you use the call forwarding feature to forward calls directly to voice mail without manually rejecting them?  What number do you put in?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: call forwarding
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only way I know to have calls go directly to voice mail is to turn your phone off.  Would that work for you?

0 Likes
mx_elena_2002

What I need to do is block calls from an "unavailable" caller id.  Someone has been calling me about five times a day for the past week and leaving no message.  I don't answer calls I don't recognize and I want to still be able to answer calls I do know.  Is it even possible to make these calls stop?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have a couple of options - you can set the ringtone for "Unavailable" numbers to be silent -it won't stop the calls but you will not have to hear the ringtone, and the call will go to voicemail.

A better option is to use a free service like YouMail, which has a feature called "Ditchmail" - any unavailable number goes to a recording that says reveal your number and call back, then hangs up so they can't leave a voicemail unless they call back a show a number.  You Mail is free, takes a bit of setup but I've found it works well.  You can also have personalized messages for any number of your contacts, or jsut a generic message if you choose.  It's a pretty robust little service for free!!

0 Likes
mx_elena_2002

My phone can't save a contact with no number as far as I can see, so YouMail sounds exactly like what I need!  Sounds like setting it up is the hardest part.

0 Likes
mx_elena_2002

Can't do it after all, I don't have a smartphone.  Just a Pantech Jest.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need a smartphone - all you need to do is set up your busy/no answer (conditional call forwarding) to go to the You mail # (they give you the #) and then set your voicemail to the # to retrieve it from Youmail.  I used it before I had a smartphone - there may be an app now for it but I believe you can still use it on a basic phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mx_elena_2002. I never answer calls from unknown numbers either. We have a fantastic feature called Usage Controls http://vz.to/119teKB available to rid yourself of pesky Unavailable and Restricted calls. It's available for only $4.99 a month per line and is a great way to have piece of mind from calls you don't want, in addition to tons more like limiting data or voice usage.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes