blocking unavailable number
swoozieb

Can I block "Restricted, Unavailable, and Private Numbers" without having to pay additional fees? The only thing I can find is under "usage control" and that is a fee of $4.99.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blocking unavailable number
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
swoozieb

Thanks!  I'll just have to be more careful about checking ID before answering cuz I sure won't give Verizon any more money.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

That is exactly what I do. The other thing is I assigned a distinct ringer to my contacts, so when a call comes in not from a contact, the different ringtone lets me know to check before amswering

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Depends on what kind of phone you have. Android? You can use apps from Google Play to block numbers as a group or singly.

iPhone? You can also download an app from iTunes to do this as well.

Other phones? Not to sure about that one.

swoozieb

Thanks. I have a 'dumb' phone so no fancy apps for me unless I pay Verizon.

0 Likes
L202M

Unfortunately I too tried to block any private calls and was told that I have to pay an additional fee of $4.99 per month.  I think this is outrageous.  No one charges for this and yet verizon gets away with it.  This is the kind of thing that I think is sneaky enough that would make me want to change cell phone companies.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually that is not true. AT&T charges a fee to block any number with their usage controls. So you would have to pay to even block one number that you can see the full ten digits. Verizon allows their customers to block up to five numbers for 90 days for free.

L202M wrote:

Unfortunately I too tried to block any private calls and was told that I have to pay an additional fee of $4.99 per month.  I think this is outrageous.  No one charges for this and yet verizon gets away with it.  This is the kind of thing that I think is sneaky enough that would make me want to change cell phone companies.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.