blocked calls can still leave voicemail.
DONVOE86
Enthusiast - Level 2

The response to these inquiries is just stupid. you are allowed to add 5 numbers and they expire after 90 days? That is an absurd limitation given the amount of robo calls I get in a day

Labels (1)
Re: blocked calls can still leave voicemail.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONVOE86,

I'm sorry to read that you are receiving so many unwanted calls. This has to be frustrating. Yes, we do offer 5 numbers to block for a period of 90 days for free. We do have a few different options for you to help with the nuisance calls. The first suggestion is to check out our Caller Name ID feature: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/caller-name-id/ This has screening/blocking capabilities for when you receive any unwanted calls. The other suggestion is to sign up on the National Do Not Call Registry at https://www.donotcall.gov/ If you have a smartphone, you can always look for a 3rd party app that may have screening/blocking capabilities. Lastly, and I understand this is not the most popular, but you are able to change your phone number for free via your online My Verizon account:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-phone-number-video/

How are you going about blocking these calls? The reason I ask is that when you use our free 5 numbers to block, the blocked caller is not able to leave a voicemail.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DONVOE86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right now I am using the smart phone,feature. Not the verizon list.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Calls blocked on the phone itself will always send those numbers to voicemail. That's how the on board call block works on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DONVOE86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand that but the piint is you have no good solution to this issue which is only going to escalate. Verizon (and other carriers) should bring pressure on the manufacturers to resolve this issue instead of using it as an excuse to sell services or do nothing.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An upcoming update to the Google Phone Dialer will send spam calls straight to voicemail without ringing the phone:

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-phone-app-beta-854161/

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have some numbers on my phone that have been blocked for over a year now. I probably shouldn't say anything because it might change now but I do not have any paid service for blocking numbers on my phone just the block calls that came with my phone.However I do get the voicemail message if they leave one. As far as the signing up for Do Not Call this is a joke.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

I have done this for both my house phone and my smartphone. I still get calls from telemarketers on both phones. One person actually laughed when I told him that I was signed up with it and not to call again. I do not know what the answer for this problem is but I am going to try this app that tikibar has mention.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Just found out that the app is incompatible with my phone hopefully they will have one that is compatible soon.

0 Likes
DONVOE86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don’t see this as a solution or even a workaround, If the number is blocked or flagged as spam why would you even allow the number to leave a vouce mail? Then you have the hassle of deleting a voice mail from a party/number that you didn’t want any contact with to begin with.

NOCFORWEB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand the reasoning, and that a decade ago this may have been a good solution, but it is has not kept up.  I have the service installed (should be free) and..  it does little.  My voice mail just filled up with spam, blocking potentially important messages.  Most of the incoming spam numbers are 'unidentified'.  And spammers rotate through well over 5 numbers for a single company , they do repeat them, that helps a little, but I have the exact same voice mail from a dozen different numbers.  (And I'm on the do not call list, does nothing).

There solutions are simply not scaling with the modern issue and something else is needed - I have literally stopped using my phone as a phone and I tell everyone (including for business) that the only way to reach me is via text or email, unless I'm the one calling.