bill resolution-how to file a complaint in writing
mommonty

Hi,

I am trying to locate the right person to file my complaint with but it as been difficult.  I have been a Verizon customer now for almost ten years, and before that I was an ALLTEL customer.  I have multiple lines and pay my bill monthly.   I was extremely satisfied with my experience with Verizon and proud that you're my  wireless provider; until my recent experience that left me dissatisfied, upset, angry, I feel Verizon is scheming to make customers pay past balances that weren't posted to their account through some sort of "sub account" method.

I have my Verizon bill paid automatically through a monthly bank draft, at this time my balance is 20.00 some dollars to the "good", however I was STUNNED to get a letter form a credit collector in the mail. Especially since I just reviewed my credit report as I prepare to purchase a new home. My credit report shows no late payments over the course of decades.

I recently moved to a new area and was unable to get cell service in my temporary housing. Also unable to get internet. So I tried a couple of mechanisms and both were unsuccessful. I tried a "booster" thing that I purchased from Verizon and a mobile  "hot spot" from Verizon. Both items did not work in a manner sufficient to meet my needs, nothing against these items, but in this particularly rural location it just didn't' cut it. So I returned both items. and I SAVED all the documentation because I was SURE that things would be screwed un in billing. Months came and went and after 3 months when I was sure all of my money had been credited, and ADDIITIONALLY I called Verizon regarding the bills as I thought some additional money should have been credited, the customer service agent explained to me that most things were credited but for some reason one charge was not. It was a minimal amount, so I didn't complain, and at  that time  I made the mistake of throwing out the receipts.

Four months later, comes the letter from the creditor which I am positive is an error. I am not even stressed about it because I know I pay my bill monthly.

Turns out they say I have a "sub account" why someone would open such an account leaves me wondering I have added new devices, lines over the last 10-15 years and no Verizon agent has felt the need to open a sub account.

I have called Verizon and have spoken with at LEAST three different customer service agents. Two EXCEPTIONALLY nice and patient ones ,and one that hung up on me. And interesting enough, when I called back to complain about the rude agent, and to continue my call I found out that the names the agents give to the customer are NOT their names, that they go by nicknames (as explained to me by the VeriFone rep) so therefore you may never really compliant or compliment the agent because they may have used a fake name.

I was told by two different agents that a  "ticket" was written and my issue would be referred to a supervisor and that they would call me back later that day.

No return call I called back the next day and was told that :"tickets" may take 1-3 days to investigate but they would return my call. I am now on about day 6 and have just been harassed by yet another call form the collection agency.

I want this matter resolved, this "sub account' issue might be a cause for others to look in to, it seems rather devious. Please let me know how to get this issue resolved by the end of this week. It isn't right for a long time bill paying customer to be treated like this. Thank you ,Anne

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: bill resolution-how to file a complaint in writing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mommonty. My apologies for any frustraton this matter may have caused you. That is truly never our intent. We apprciate your loyalty over the last decade and would never want to lose you as a customer over this matter.

If this former account is with a third party collection agency, I would recommend to contact our Recovery Team directly at 800-852-1922. The are available Mon-Fri 8 am- 6 pm. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mommonty. My apologies for any frustraton this matter may have caused you. That is truly never our intent. We apprciate your loyalty over the last decade and would never want to lose you as a customer over this matter.

If this former account is with a third party collection agency, I would recommend to contact our Recovery Team directly at 800-852-1922. The are available Mon-Fri 8 am- 6 pm. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Bills that go to collection have to be proven.  You should dispute the bill with the collector, if you don't believe it's your debt, say so.   The debt collector has to show enough proof that the debt is yours.

I Had a collector try to collect a couple hundred dollars from a company I never did business with.  In the end the debt was in another person's name.  It was easily removed from my records.

0 Likes
eyephaco

I have the same problem and your disputes department was no help at all.  I had no idea i had a subaccount that I was financially liable for that does not show up when I log into my verizon wireless account.

So now what do I do?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eyephaco We never want our customers to have billing disputes. Were you able to find out what phones numbers were on the subaccount? What information was provided when you spoke with customer service?
SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
eyephaco

Yes i was able to find out the 3 numbers in the subaccount and they did not belong to me.  When I spoke to customer service they said that when the person who was paying the subaccount  by automatic bill pay did an Assumption of Liability  the current bill was paid but the bill that was not currently due was left in the subaccount. The three phone numbers on the subaccount were transferred to a new account and that account was not billed for the remaining balance either. THe only way I found out  about the bill was when I check my credit report in order to buy some equipment for my office. When I found this out the balance on the subaccount was immediately paid by the owner of the three phone numbers.

When I spoke to customer service they said that a bill for this subaccount was mailed to me but told me that unfortunately it was sent to the wrong address and that they did not contact me in any other way. Customer Service  said they did not believe that this should be on my credit report.  The customer service representative was nice enough to  call the resolution/ dispute department to try to remove this from my credit report but that department refused.  She even told them that Verizon mailed the bill to the wrong address so that I never received notice that I had a bill nor did they charge my credit card on file for the balance.They seems totally uninterested in listening to the facts presented to them by Customer Service and seemed to be on the wrong side from the start of the conversation. 

So now what do I do?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Resolved a couple issues on my report a few  years ago.  It was required in writing.  Because most items get reported to all 3 major agencies, you should plan on sending written documents to all three to remove this Item.  Save the written documents if this comes up again.

0 Likes