backup assistant for old phone
jenn722

Help! I lost my smartphone that no longer has service. I currently have a basic device.  Do I still have backup assistant data saved with my old contract and phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: backup assistant for old phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you ran backup assistant with your previous device, and you still have the same number, you *should* be able to pull up backup assistant on the basic phone and get your contacts.

Can you log on to your account on verizonwireless.com and see your contacts online?  If you can, you should be able to get them transferred to your basic phone too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you ran backup assistant with your previous device, and you still have the same number, you *should* be able to pull up backup assistant on the basic phone and get your contacts.

Can you log on to your account on verizonwireless.com and see your contacts online?  If you can, you should be able to get them transferred to your basic phone too.

0 Likes
jenn722

Yes, I can access my contacts online.  What about pictures?  Just curious.Thank you so much for your response!

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

jenn722 wrote:

Yes, I can access my contacts online.  What about pictures?  Just curious.Thank you so much for your response!

Pictures are dicier - if you lost your smartphone, then even if the pics were on the SD card, that's gone too.  If yo used Backup Assistant +, you may have the pics backed up to the "cloud"; what kind of phone was the smartphone?

I have used both Android and Widows phones.  With the Android, all the pics I take are automatically uploaded to my Google drive.  And with the Windows phone, all the pics are sent to my Skydrive account.  Even if the phone is gone, the pics are still accessible and I can download them to my computer.  I do use Backup Assistant for contacts, but not for my pictures.

0 Likes