another vict of vzw
HNYGLO37

another vict of vzw. to make a long story short i have been having problems out of this phone from day one the women had me do an soft reset with my sd card still in the phone and my photos and music was gone and the sd card was damage. i go to the vzw store and spoke to an sales person about the problems i have been have with this phone. the rep said you are still under warranty and i will have an new phone shipped out to you. i got the phone today to only see a use certified like new phone. i was pissed. called customer and got someone on the phone who did not have a clue about what he was talking, telling me that i need to call assurion about this phone. i said why would i do that i did not put in an claim for this phone i went to a vzw store and the phone was order from there. he said im sorry but you are going to have to call assurion. then he said o get just check my resources i see this is a vzw policy to send out an used like new phone o let me give you the number to the manufa and you can take it up with them. then i called assurion the rep stated you would only call us if you lost, damage or the phone was stolen so therefore the issue has to be taken up with vzw and then she transfer me. i explain to the rep again and he said that what the rep told me was incorrect however verizon has an policy that we must send out an certi like new equiptment and i was told that it was in my best interest to keep the phone because i will not loose anything by returning the certified phone back to them.i told him i did not want an certified phone and if the vzw rep would of told me that yes we will send you out another phone but it will not be brandnew i would have never order the phone. i then ask for an manager and all he can say is that i will pass this information alone. i ask for the information to the corporrate office and could not get that either. really i have 3 phone lines and have been a customer of theirs for years. hell im going to us cellular where they give you bonus points to use towards a new phone and you dont have to wait years to do an upgrade. i will also be filling a complaint through the bbb.org and also through the ftc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: another vict of vzw
igovirginmobile
Contributor - Level 1

Of course not, from what I have experienced over the last week, with ONE exception where they waved the extra $30 charge for me to continue to get billed by Verizon, the company is going down the tubes. I can;t wait until this forum starts to charge the users by the word...but of course they will tell no one and just bill it to your account.

0 Likes
Re: another vict of vzw
smoogaleewoogalee

First of all doing a soft reset just means powering off your phone then back on. It wouldn't erase your memory card by powering off your phone then back on. If you took your mem card out while it was still on it could corrupt data on the card. And even if you did a factory reset, unless you select to erase the card, it won't just erase it. Are you sure it is erased? Have you tried using an adapter to pull up the contents on a computer?

0 Likes