adding someone to family plan
ratpack

i am about to get married. and i am currently with verizon. my fiancee is currently with verizon as well, but on her parents family plan......if she gets off her family plan and gets her own account, can she add me as a secondary line? if she does this will my old call details be erased since my number is now under a new account number? i do not want to add her to mine, because i want her to be primary account holder and acount to be under her name since she gets governemnt discount

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: adding someone to family plan
budone
Legend

If under a different account number the info from your phone would not transfer over. But she would have to do an Assumption of Responsibility, so maybe it would.....

I have a bigger question, but I will be quiet. :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
ratpack

two late night calls from an EX!! nothing to hide, but could cause very unnecessary drama because i never told her about the calls. lol   :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
budone
Legend

ratpack wrote:

two late night calls from an EX!! nothing to hide, but could cause very unnecessary drama because i never told her about the calls. lol   :smileyindifferent:

hahaha, you KNEW we all would wonder. How long ago were these calls? In teh last 6 months? If more than that the info is not longer available to view.

This old man could get into all that trust and honesty stuff of marriage, but I am sure ya already know!!!! Best wishes to ya both!!! :smileyhappy:

UPDATE: I just asked a dear friend who was on my account til 6 months after she was married. Her info did not transfer over when her hubby added her to his account.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

ratpack wrote:

if she does this will my old call details be erased since my number is now under a new account number?

Erased? No. They won't be erased, but they also won't be available to view in the new account that's under your wife's name. They would only be available on your old inactive account, and the only way you'd be able to see the old call detail is by requesting a bill copy.

So you're safe.

0 Likes
ratpack

hahahha. no i knew where you were goin with your earlier post but said yo would keep quiet. lol....seriously...i dont want to start a marriage with trust issues because of a **bleep** phone call i dodnt have the balls to tell my fiancee about. and it has beeen like 5 months. but to my knowledge, even after 6 months you can get archives and see numbers. everyone keeps saying...dont give her the password to your online account, but i want her to have all access. thanks again for your reply....just to clarify....i didnt quite understand your last post.....your friend when she was added on to another plan, her info did not go wit her?   if that is the case, i am definiely going to go to her plan instead of her comning to mine. lol

0 Likes
ratpack

and you are sure about that chileman?  thanks for your insight

0 Likes
budone
Legend

ratpack wrote:

hahahha. no i knew where you were goin with your earlier post but said yo would keep quiet. lol....seriously...i dont want to start a marriage with trust issues because of a **bleep** phone call i dodnt have the balls to tell my fiancee about. and it has beeen like 5 months. but to my knowledge, even after 6 months you can get archives and see numbers. everyone keeps saying...dont give her the password to your online account, but i want her to have all access. thanks again for your reply....just to clarify....i didnt quite understand your last post.....your friend when she was added on to another plan, her info did not go wit her?   if that is the case, i am definiely going to go to her plan instead of her comning to mine. lol

Yes, when my friend moved to her hubbys account, her call info did NOT transfer!!!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Yup. The chileman does not speak unless he KNOWS he is correct. :smileytongue:

0 Likes
ratpack

opk thanks guys. you have been way more help than customer service was.........waaaaaaaaaayyyy more helpful

0 Likes