Zip code 07305 constantly poor service ! (Liberty State Park area)
CaptainKornchex

This has already been reported by me (over a year ago) to Verizon and deemed by them as being a marginal area.  Then I asked what the resolution would be they had no planned upgrades !

"I would need to write to corporate and ask for service upgrade in this area." 

So I just threw my hands up and tried to put up with it.  But now it's getting worse and I'm just too angry.

As I write this, I am looking at the World Trade Center in NYC less than a mile away from my marina in Jersey City.  It is insane to think that we all often have just 2-3 bars with pathetic LTE (often 3g/1x) speeds and even broken voice service still today.  How can no improvement have been scheduled to date ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Zip code 07305 constantly poor service ! (Liberty State Park area)
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you getting 1x and 3G only of 2-3 bars with the occasional 4G?

0 Likes
CaptainKornchex

No 2 to 3 bars and showing as LTE but acting more like 1X

0 Likes
CaptainKornchex

But occasionally showing as dropping down to 3G and 1X on the phone.  Voice calls often the other party cannot even hear me and I need to move aroung like an idiot in the 1980's...  "Can you hear me now"

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you run a speed test? What were the results?

Can you look up your signal strength? Not sure what phone you have, but for me it's under settings>more networks>mobile networks

0 Likes
CaptainKornchex

I personally have 6mo old i6...   My wife has the same as well as 2 gen 4 iPads.

And all my friends here at tge marina have current phones also. We all are experiencing the exact same issues.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Should be under...settings>cellular>networks - you may have to Google where to find it.

The only option you have really is to trouble shoot your devices and tune them to try and get the best service. If every device has trouble then it's just an area issue and if everyone in that area was experiencing 1x speeds; which basically means nothing happens, Verizon would be weighed down with phone calls. Cell service is like internet, there are peak times and off peak times. You get faster internet in the middle of night when no one else is using it.

CaptainKornchex

Oolka  0.18 down/0.19 up...   2 bars LTE

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That is very poor, what is your signal strength? Are all your other devices getting the same speed?

0 Likes
CaptainKornchex

Verizon just needs to get here and do a 48 hour check to see what's going on because it's horrible for everyone not just my family.  This is exactly why I threw my hands up before so looks like I need to take this to the next level.

0 Likes