Your call cannot be completed as dialed
akesam

Hopefully this is the right place. I am trying to call a Verizon customer and I keep getting a "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again. Announcement 4640-7." Any and all help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Your call cannot be completed as dialed
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Oh my, akesam!

That's not good.  I would like to help!

There could be a number of things causing this to happen.  Are you making the call from a contact listing in your phone, or are you dialing the 10 digit mobile number?  Have you tried making the call from another line?  If so, was the call successful?  If not, the issue would be with the calling number.  Otherwise, have you checked to ensure the number is entered with the area code first (even if the calling number is local number)?  Again, if making the call from a saved contact in your phone, ensure the number is saved as a 10 digit number (area code + 7 digit number).  After confirming, please retry making the call.

Let me know if the call was successful after completing these steps.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
akesam

Hi Anthony,

FYI, I think the error message should be "Announcement 4, switch 40-7". Also, since my area code and the recipient's area code are the same, I've tried dialing the 7 digit number, the 10 digit number and 1 plus the 10 digit number. I've tried calling from another number as well but all attempts end up with the same error message. If you can look into it and need the exact number then please let me know.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello akesam,

I will send you a Direct Message requesting additional information so I can further investigate the calling issue for you.

Thanks again,

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
akesam

Hi Anthony,

I am not a Verizon customer, I am just trying to call this Verizon customer. So I think I am pretty much out of options as far as providing Account Password OR Last 4 digits of account holder SSN. Unless it means otherwise. Please let me know what I can do.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

akesam,

I understand.  I wouldn't be able to provide you any details of the mobile number in question; however, you can check to see what numbers are Verizon Mobile to Mobile by going here: www.verizonwireless.com/friend

I hope this helps!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Donnadelarosa

It wasn't successful 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, are you making the call from your contacts or dialing the number? Have you tried to call from another number? 

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes