Highlighted

Yet another slow data speeds post - seems to be systemic

M-Thrizzle

In the last 3 weeks or so, the data speeds have plummeted at my work location in Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Speed tests are in the range of 0.18 - 4 Mbps. I tried both inside and outside. My coworker on VZ noticed this dropoff recently too.

This location is unique in that it is next door to Yahoo HQ, which was recently bought by Verizon. Are they sucking up all the bandwidth or is Verizon service just being terrible everywhere on purpose? I see there are many posts recently of the same thing happening across the national network. Something is up and VZ doesn't want to let us know what's really going on.

I called VZ customer service last week. CSR said there was some work being done that day nearby my location and the CSR would call me back on Monday to follow up. Monday has come and gone without a call and the data speeds are still slow as molasses.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Yet another slow data speeds post - seems to be systemic

boringusername

Sounds like maybe you need to switch carriers. you do have other choices you know.

0 Likes

Re: Yet another slow data speeds post - seems to be systemic

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello M-Thrizzle,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing coverage concerns. Due to the importance of getting these issues resolved I have sent you a Private Message to expedite your troubleshooting process.

Melissa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes