XLTE (band 4) and LTE (band 13)
YayNote
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would appear as though Verizon has disallowed all dialer commands on most semi-current Samsung flagships (probably more.) So, since I can't bring up network engineering I have no way of seeing what it's connected to other than speed (more than 75mbps down is XLTE?) That said, is there anyway to tell which band is active without rooting?

FWIW, This is on a Note 3 running 4.4.4 NJ6

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: XLTE (band 4) and LTE (band 13)
Weth
Legend

I would post this in the android forums. I have an iPhone and I can see which band I'm on by using the tools for the iPhone without rootint, I'm just not familiar with android.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Weth wrote:

I would post this in the android forums. I have an iPhone and I can see which band I'm on by using the tools for the iPhone without rootint, I'm just not familiar with android.

Or you could have asked the mods to move it by reporting the post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

YayNote
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is posted in Android I would delete the post at this point but this forum software isn't particularly straight forward. So, I did the next best thing. I marked your answer as correct! Thank you for your thoughtful and well-worded reply, Ann.

Seth: Wasn't aware you could view bands in iOS. Thank you. Maybe it isn't Verizon locking this down then, just Samsung.

0 Likes