Wrong Billing Period with wrong charges
Edwin3

I have just started my family plan (four phones) on March 11, 2019. In other words, I activated four phones on March 11, 2019. When I checked the Verizon Bill, the billing period is Feb 11 to March 10 with the total charge of $327.xx. I have contacted the customer service about this issue. Someone in the customer service said it is an advanced charge, and he/she checked with the supervisor.

According to Verizon Q&A, "Verizon bills one month in advance, so your first statement will include partial charges for the current month, as well as charges for the following month. Monthly charges are prorated according to the number of days you are billed for during your 30-day billing cycle. When you make changes to your account following your service installation (by adding or deleting services or packages, for example) partial month charges will apply as well." 

My bill is not the advance charge. It is not prorated. Verizon charged the incorrect period because I never used their service from Feb 11 to March 10. I activated my phones on March 11, 2019. Do you have any idea how to fix this problem? They admitted the system error but not going to fix it.

0 Likes
Re: Wrong Billing Period with wrong charges
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That does sound unusual. If you activated your lines on the 11th, the billing cycle would have likely been assigned to be from the 17th to the 16th of the month with the first bill having a partial billing cycle charges from the 11th to the 16th. At least that's how my billing cycle is since I also started my current account on the 11th of the month many years ago. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Edwin3

It's great to hear you've joined Verizon, but I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your first bill. While the billing period would show 2/11-3/10, does it show the exact dates that you were given these month-in-advance charges? Have you looked at the dates of usage on the rest of the bill itself?

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
ICSL

What dates are actually listed next to your service charges on the bill (in parentheses) ? Those are the dates you are actually being billed for. The invoices do look admittedly weird because they list what would be the previous BC in the billing period at the top of the bill, but are indeed billing a month ahead. For example, this is the first page of my bill for March to April, but noticed the billing period says February to March .Screenshot_20190321-211030_My Verizon.jpg

0 Likes