Worst customer service of any business I've ever dealt with.
bethsimmons101514
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just wanted to let everyone on here know that in the past few days, the way I've been treated, and what Verizon has put me through is completely, 100% unacceptable. Every one of the dozens of agents that I spoke with had different information, I was given completely false information from many people. My issue STILL remains unresolved, and I've only gotten an apology from ONE employee.

Saturday 9:00am - Phone broke, and I was 11 days away from being able to upgrade my phone. I got a manager's exception to upgrade early due to the circumstance. I was, and still am, extremely grateful for that. Order placed with Verizon over the phone. Agent told me that the package would be there NO LATER than Monday afternoon, as I would be out of town Wednesday for a while, and needed it before I left.

Saturday 12:00pm - I notice that no money has been taken from my account, so I call to ask why. I find out that it's because the money won't be taken out until it's shipped, and isn't set to ship until Monday. This starts about a 3 hour phone tag game with different departments, managers, and others trying to figure out what to do. Some of them said yes it would definitely be Monday! Some said no way, it will be Wednesday. I was told to go to a Verizon store and try to buy the phone there. After wasting about a half of a tank of gas going to three different Verizon stores, none of the store managers would grant me an early upgrade in order to purchase the phone.

Saturday 5:00pm - Back on the phone with Verizon, a woman told me that I can call FedEx and have them hold the package at a location for me so that I could possibly pick it up Tuesday.

Monday 8:00am - Called FedEx, they said that they absolutely can not hold Verizon packages because Verizon is very strict with them and will not allow it. They told me to call Verizon and tell them to rush the package to me, even though it's already been sent. Went on to speak with Verizon chat, and talked to an agent from there, who said yes! It is possible to rush the package. He gave me a number to call to get it set up. I call the number, and guess what? "No...it's never been a possibility to change the delivery speed once it's been sent." So I had two different agents telling me opposite information.

So now, I probably won't have a phone for vacation, as the package is set to be delivered on Wednesday by 8pm.

They say that the customer is important, and that they care about them, but it's really difficult to believe that's true right now. I can definitely understand that there are policies, and rules that must be abided by, but I can not understand how every other person I speak with from the same company, has a different thing to say. No one had the same information.

I'm getting married in October, and will not continue service with Verizon. I will take my money somewhere that it's appreciated, and I'm treated like a customer. Customers are the livelihood of a business, and if you treat them poorly, they're going to leave. I would rather pay a termination fee than continue service with Verizon.

Labels (1)
Re: Worst customer service of any business I've ever dealt with.
Not applicable

Simply have a friend or neighbor watch for the package when it comes. Have them sign for it.

However to use it well that would be when you come back.

First off Verizon gave you an early upgrade, that does not normally happen.

Secondly, because it was not shipped as first promised it is not going to be able to ship a higher priority while in transit. That is just the way FedEx works.

Or you can leave a day later on vacation and have the phone for when you are on vacation.

Its just a crazy chain of events. It does not happen all the time. But you were granted a courtesy.

Good Luck

0 Likes
bethsimmons101514
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is true. I was given an early upgrade, which like I stated, I am very grateful for that.

And I do understand policies, rules, and things like that. However, I don't understand how every employee I talked to had conflicting info from the previous person. I mean, are these people even being trained in the same way?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have said many times here; a steady decline in Customer service has occurred at Verizon Wireless with the closing of support centers, low pay, little or no benefits, and they are not hiring PhD. class workers.

They read from a screen. a pity I agree. And they say the stores are no better. again it is at the price of huge corporate profits that these things are happening.

a small company will give excellent customer service, a medium company will give passable customer service, but a company with millions of customers who are looking at profits and how to raise them will let service suffer.

If you were a Fios customer or Verizon Telephone customer they have a cartoon attendant to handle your issues.

Trust me Verizon Wireless will use that eventually. a cartoon interactive support system.

When I seen that at my mother in laws house on her computer I almost fell down laughing.

But the other companies are not really that much better. Its a risk.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Elector wrote:

If you were a Fios customer or Verizon Telephone customer they have a cartoon attendant to handle your issues.

That may be, but you do not have to use this interactive system. You can still call in and speak with a real person. Some people prefer the do-it-yourself route. For most problems it is quite often faster.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oh I would tend to agree. My mother in law is old. She prefers to use the telephone over the interactive attendant.

The amazing thing was we had to buy her a Magic Jack to be able to make calls from when her phone keeps going out. Then Magic Jack has a recording when you call Verizon Home Telephone stating they are connecting as a courtesy. Very Strange.

She has an old Verizon flip phone with the pay as you go. She said it works fine for her now that she is retired.

But I just has to laugh when I looked on line at the Verizon web site for their customer service repair services.

Reminded me of the old Clippy in Microsoft Word. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bethsimmons101514
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll be interested to see how things go once I get the phone. I'm leaving town a day late so that HOPEFULLY I can get the phone. According to the tracking number it's "out for delivery"

0 Likes
Not applicable

So I see you took my advice. wait the extra day and have your phone. I hope all goes well from here on.

If not you know where to post back

Good Luck

0 Likes