Worst Customer Service
cb50

Verizon's customer service is non-existent.  I have spent 15 hours of my life on the phone the past 3 months trying to solve an excessive charge on my account.  I am so frustrated with Verizon.

Summary of events:

On my March to April billing period, I notice a $118.98 charge labeled "Equip CC Chargeback OR NSF Adj".  I call shortly after and spend an hour on the line with 2 different verizon reps.  Neither can tell me what the charge is and tell me that they will investigate it and that the charge will probably be dropped.

I hear nothing for the next 2 weeks, and call again at the end of April.  I spend a hour and a half explaining my situation to 3 different reps.  Each transfers me and does not explain anything to the next rep.  No one can explain the charge and state that a fraud case will be opened.

On May 1st, I receive a voicemail from "Kyle", who explains the charge was for a Fitbit wristband that was sent to my address.  No other information is provided.  I had ordered a Fitbit off Ebay for $69 and paid over Paypal in March.  My order was charged on my credit card and I have all the receipts.  The $69 value isn't even the same value as what I was charged on my bill.  No one has been able to explain this.

I call back an hour after the voicemail was left.  After spending 45 minutes on the phone with 2 different reps, I'm told my fraud case has been closed and they don't have any other information.  The last rep says that he will reopen the case and will make sure that I am contacted within a week.  No response is received.

At this time I start receiving harassing phone calls that my bill is overdue from an automated service. The only time that Verizon is on their game is when they are trying to collect money.  I call back mid May and spend an hour on the phone.  A fraud case has not been reopened.  I talk to several different departments.  Each wonders why I was transferred. Each one passes me off and does not explain my situation to the next person, so the first 15 minutes of talking to each person they are researching my case while I am on hold. The charge is frozen so that I can pay the rest of my bill. The representative states that a fraud case will be opened.  I am hopeful that this will be resolved, however no response from Verizon is received.

I call back 5/29,  I repeat the same process of explaining my situation, getting transferred, and explaining my situation again.  The last rep, Nikita, states that if I email the receipts and credit card bill to her, the charge will be removed.  I email the receipts and wait for the charge to be removed.  Nothing is done.

6/16: I call back again and repeat the normal process.  Eventually someone tells me that I should have not been asked to email my receipts because Verizon can not accept emails.  My frustration grows.  I'm given the fax number (315-731-3270) and am told they will remove the charge when they recieve my fax.  I fax the documents the next day. No response is received from Verizon.

6/29/15: I receive 2 automated messages that my service will be discontinued. 1 hr 41 minute phone call.  I talked to 4 different representatives from 4 different departments.  At this point I start to ask for names. The last rep I talk to, Caleb, said he couldn't do anything for me.  He tells me that PayPal gave my money back to me after I cancelled the order.  They did not.  I ask him who he talked to from Paypal.  He said he has not, he is just reading notes.  When I asked to talk to his supervisor, Kyle, he gave me the instructions to bring my bill into my local verizon dealer and they would discount my bill. He claimed that his supervisor was busy and that I could not talk to him.

6/30/15:  I bring my bill into my local verizon dealer and they claimed there was nothing I could do and I should call verizon. I'm so [removed]

I'm hoping that my venting on this worthless website will make a difference.  At least they can read this so that I don't have to explain everything again to another Verizon employee.  I'm tired of spending hours on the phone when I get off work to talk to verizon employees who transfer me when they do not know what to do.  They claim their supervisor is busy and that I can not talk to them.  They constantly give me conflicting information about how to resolve my problem.  I AM SO FRUSTRATED.

I will not be a verizon customer when I contract expires.  My frustration with this company is so high. I recently had a phone conversation with a Charter representative.  They were very helpful and even provided a survey at the end of the call.  Verizon will continue to lose customers if they provide no customer service.

Regards,

A Very [removed] Customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Worst Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cb50,

You deserve exceptional customer service! It truly saddens me to hear of all the difficulties that you have experienced with your Fitbit purchase. Your issue should have been resolved on the first contact. We want to help. Please respond to the direct message that I sent.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cb50

Why won't you respond to my reply? Why am I being charged $119 for Equip CC Chargeback OR NSF Adj?

0 Likes
smg058
Enthusiast - Level 3

Haha....did you even read the post? They said the DID NOT buy a fitbit through verizon, and that one was purchased through ebay for far less than what the charge showed as, but regardless, that charge should have NOTHING to do with Verizon. It's astonishing how well and detailed the OP laid everything that has happened out, and the very first comment made by a VZW rep confirms the title of her post. Wow.

To the OP: If you are serious about switching, and cannot get the help you need (and it appears you cannot), you should know that some of the other carriers will pay any ETFs or equipment fees to help get you out of your contract without any cost to you.

Best of luck to you...shame you have to leave the largest provider on the planet because of poor customer service.

0 Likes
Cosmoadd

OMG I am experiencing the exact same thing right now.. I purchased a fitbit for $88 from ebay paid using PayPal in April in June I receive an extra charge on my Verizon bill for $157 finally after hours and hours of phone calls Verizon figures out the charge is for a fitbit Verizon gives me the tracking number which is the exact same tracking number from Ebay. They told me to file a police report of identify theft and email the report to the fraud dept. I did all of that for Verizon to then tell me there wasn't enough evidence for fraud. Verizon recently called going to disconnect my service for a past due balance which was this charge. No one at Verizon wants to help and can see what's going on. I don't know what to do. This is crap and shows what type of company Verizon really is.

0 Likes
Cosmoadd

I am also going to share this to every social media site I am on to show how Verizon treats their customers.

0 Likes
Rich3131
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing I read about terrible Verizon customer service surprises me anymore. It is shocking how poorly they operate.

0 Likes
aidenaristocrat

Okay. You purchased from EBAY paid through PAYPAL item came to you from VERIZON with the same tracking number as the eBay seller. Logical deduction tells me Verizon is simply the merchant. PayPal the payment method and EBAYYYYYYY would be your root problem. What happened to you is comon practice eBay user sells you something uses your info to place order from Verizon some of this info shows you have an account. eBay seller waits for item to ship and initiates a chargeback Verizon knows you got the merchandise so they add it to your bill. If you call and get to a supervisor or even the executive team this issue is fixed easily for you. But Verizon still goes unpaid for the item. You should have disputed through PayPal not gone straight to Verizon. You were defrauded why should Verizon foot the bill. ?

0 Likes