Worst Customer Service. No comparison. Stay away from Verizon if you can.
gmehrer
Enthusiast - Level 2

This forum seems to be my last hope for getting any help from Verizon and I see multiple similar posts about unbelievably bad customer service so here it goes...

I switched cellular providers to Verizon and signed up for 3 new lines on 9/13/2020.  One of the lines I selected was under the “Just Kids” plan, the availability of which was a primary reason I chose to switch to Verizon.  After receiving the phones there was much difficulty activating the lines.  

I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon support 9/16/2020 getting the line activated, during the call I was advised that they would need to switch the plan to “Start Unlimited” in order to activate it, after which they would change it back to “Just Kids”.  Due to an error the representative was not able to change it back.  I was then transferred to someone else with no introduction or explanation.  That person was also unable to change the plan.  

I have since had 5 hour-long calls and 1 chat with Verizon Customer Support and the issue has still not been resolved.  Representatives have repeatedly: promised to call me back, promised to escalate the issue, promised it would resolve itself, attempted to add services without my consent, and ended the conversation without resolution.

I made my first payment on 10/3 that included an additional $5 for a plan I don’t want.  Now, my next bill shows another line being added and additional charges I have not consented to.

This is the worst customer experience of my life.  I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and seek further legal action if the issue is not resolved by my next bill.

VERIZON -- WAKE UP!!!

0 Likes
Re: Worst Customer Service. No comparison. Stay away from Verizon if you can.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with chaning to the Just Kids plan. We will be happy to look into this for you to get it corrected. We would need to access your account to continue. To authenticate your account please confirm your first and last name, review the following, and then click the link after "Authenticate here": Please ensure you are not already logged in to My Verizon before attempting authentication.

If you use Messenger or Direct Message to chat with Verizon, your questions and our responses may include info about your account, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is visible to Facebook/Twitter and may be used for their own purposes per their privacy policies (www.facebook.com/about/privacy / www.twitter.com/privacy).

CPNI is info available to Verizon solely by virtue of our relationship with you that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you purchase from us, and related billing info.

Verizon protects your info and does not share info that identifies you personally outside of Verizon except with your consent and as otherwise disclosed in our privacy policy. Your choice here does not affect your Verizon services. To learn more, visit our information collection and privacy policy at verizon.com/privacy.

By clicking the link to continue, you agree to allow us to share your info, including CPNI, in Messenger and Direct Message. To stop sharing info including CPNI, stop using Messenger and Direct Message to chat with us. Contact Facebook and Twitter about your rights, if any, to delete info that was previously shared.

Authenticate here:

0 Likes
Re: Worst Customer Service. No comparison. Stay away from Verizon if you can.
gmehrer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, is this a sick joke?  A long, legalese reply with misspelled words saying "click the link" and no link!?  

This appears to have been written by a bot and is yet another example of the bad experience seemingly typical for Verizon.  

0 Likes