Work Discount no good with unlimited plans???
lawluvr

I called Verizon today to change my calling and text plan to unlimited and was told that my Gvmt work discount would not be allowed on the new plan. I asked why and all they would say is that the "policy". I asked again why my discount was good enough for my current plan but not the unlimited plan and again all I got was it is the "policy".  If any one can can shine some light on this issue I am having please let me know. I like Verizon's coverage but if They can't help then I will think of going back to sprint or another provider when my contract is up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Work Discount no good with unlimited plans???
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The employee discount applies to regular plans.  It has never applied to unlimited plans.  Check other carriers, I don't think you'll see any difference in employee discount policies. 

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

"Policy" is so cold. A better positioning might be to say you don't get the discount because they're promotional plans. 

Also, it helps to keep in mind that your employee discount is a privilege and a courtesy offered to you by your employer and Verizon Wireless or any carrier. It is in no way a right, a promise, or something to be taken for granted.

LisaAA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unlimited plans are already at a discounted price, so at the already discounted price, any other promotion such as discount through employer is not eligible on unlimited plans.

0 Likes
osucowboy96

SuzyQ wrote:

The employee discount applies to regular plans. It has never applied to unlimited plans. Check other carriers, I don't think you'll see any difference in employee discount policies.

Incorrect. I used to be on the UDP and received the discount, and still know people that are grandfathered on the original UDP that receive the discount. They are just choosing not to apply the discount this time around, which is keeping me from switching to the unlimited plan. I encourage all who this affects to call Verizon and ask that they re-think their policy on this.

0 Likes