Wondering how to cancel service on a single line in a family plan...
working4veterans

There are (were) 3 of us on my family plan. Myself, my dad, and my step mom. My step mom passed away but she was the account owner. How do I go about canceling the service on her phone? Will we be allowed to do that since she was the account owner. We don't know what to do... we don't want to lose our phone service but at the same time, we don't feel that it's right to leave the bill in her name and pay for a phone that wont be used/needed. TIA.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wondering how to cancel service on a single line in a family plan...
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems you have more than one problem.

If you have access to here MyVerizon account, you could simply add yourself as an account manager. You could then call Verizon or stop by a store to have the line cancelled.

The other problem you have is getting the account transferred to another name. For this, you need to perform an assumption of liability. Normally, the account owner has to give permission, but I would guess a death certificate would be good enough. Transferring ownership can come with problems in itself. Depending on your creditworthiness, Verizon can require you to post a deposit of up to $400/line. If you have good credit, you probably will not have to do so, but it is certainly a possibility.

0 Likes